2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 28, 2013 11:51 PM by Sultanet

How do I add a pathfield to each slide in a customized slideshow component?

Earpicus37

While I have customized the foundation components in terms of their dialog structure or jsp rendering thus far, I have not delved as deep as editing the .js files which seems to be what would be required to add a pathfield to each slide in a slideshow.

im not sure which files i need to alter and include in some sort of clientlibs folder in the customized slideshow component(or where those files are located by default) and how to alter them to add the pathfield per slide(and make sure that field is saved along with other data when dialog is closed).

Is there anyone out there that could help me with this?  ive gone through the training materials i have and google'd the holy bejeebus out of it but cant really find any answers.

A video of a NKU slideshow component shows kind of what i am trying to do: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkS6KalmiS0

• 1. Re: How do I add a pathfield to each slide in a customized slideshow component?
          shrik046 Level 1

The JS files that you will probably need to modify are these -

/libs/cq/ui/widgets/source/widgets/form/Slideshow.js

/libs/cq/ui/widgets/source/widgets/form/Slideshow/Slide.js

/libs/cq/ui/widgets/source/widgets/form/Slideshow/SlidesPanel.js

/libs/cq/ui/widgets/source/widgets/form/Slideshow/TitlePanel.js

If all you need to do is add a pathfield to the panel, you should be able to do this by modifying the TitlePanel.js. The way I have customized the slideshow component is copy this files to my app directory and change the xtype on the Slideshow.js when registering it.

So your custom component would look something like this -

/apps/mycomponent/slideshow/clientlib/js.txt (for JS libraries)

/apps/mycomponent/slideshow/clientlib/source/Slideshow.js

/apps/mycomponent/slideshow/clientlib/source/Slide.js

/apps/mycomponent/slideshow/clientlib/source/SlidesPanel.js

/apps/mycomponent/slideshow/clientlib/source/TitlePanel.js

/apps/mycomponent/slideshow/myslideshow (your custom slideshow component - dialog/jsp etc)

Your js.txt would look something like this

#base=source

Slideshow.js

Slide.js

SlidesPanel.js

TitlePanel.js

At the very end of your Slideshow.js file, you will register your custom component like so

// register xtype

CQ.Ext.reg('myslideshow', CQ.form.Slider);

• 2. Re: How do I add a pathfield to each slide in a customized slideshow component?
            Sultanet

Do you have a sample code that you can share?