4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 6, 2012 5:15 PM by Manish-Sharma

primary text flow in master based on another master

Mnietek

I have 2 master pages: master A and master B. Master B is based on master A (master A is applied to master B).

There is primary text flow on both master pages.

When I RE-apply master A to master B primary text flow on master B is gone.

And all text frames on document pages which master B is applied to are no longer marked as primary text flow. 

Is this normal?

• 1. Re: primary text flow in master based on another master
          Steve Werner Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I'm not understanding the way you're describing the situation.

You say, "When I RE-apply master A to master B, primary text flow on master B is gone."

What are you actually doing? You don't reapply a master to another master. You apply a master to the document pages. Or, you apply a different master to the document pages.

Try to explain more clearly, or post a screen capture.

• 2. Re: primary text flow in master based on another master
            Mnietek Level 1

I'm RE-applying master A to master B. I just want to "reset" master B. I'm doing that by drag'n'drop master A onto masterB.

I think I describe my problem clear. One master is based on another master (you know that this is possible?).

My problem arrives when I applying master A one more time to reset any changes on master B

• 3. Re: primary text flow in master based on another master
              Steve Werner Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I think the problem may be in your workflow. I work a lot with master pages, and I've never tried to "reset" a child master by dropping master A on master B.

Why do you want to "reset" master B? What do you want to change on master B? Please be more explicit what it is you want to change. I think screen captures would help. You can use the camera icon in the edit box to attach a screen capture.

• 4. Re: primary text flow in master based on another master
                Manish-Sharma Employee Moderator

Steve is right , it seems the document specific and workflow related issue ,

you have Master A applied on Master B then there is no need to re-apply it , changes in the Master A will be automatically updated in the Master B.

BTW if you create a fresh new master page C and apply the Master A then does it work ?

, also what if you apply the None Master first on the Master B and then apply the Master A , does this work ?