Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ImporterWindowsMedia.prm plug-in error

Participant ,
Sep 06, 2012 Sep 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen shot 2012-09-06 at 11.36.51 AM.png

I've been using AE on a Mac for over 10 years, so this Windows error is new to me.  I removed the plug-in which gets rid of the error, but in the off-chance that I actually need this plug-in, I'm just wondering if anybody knows how to reinstall this or get this working?

I've installed it on a Windows 2008 Server, which throws the error on AE CS6 startup and 9 render nodes with Windows 7--all of which throw the error in the terminal window when running aerender.exe.  The render nodes are specifically to render AE and C4D projects only, so I haven't installed anything beyond the OS, Quicktime and what's needed for those two programs to render.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
Jan 13, 2016 Jan 13, 2016

Hi everyone.

If you have this problem and if you are on Windows 10, you can try to install the Windows Media Player Official.

Download and install free Windows media player for Windows 10 - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Sep 07, 2012 Sep 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could be a simple compatibility issue. Windows Media requires some per-user configuration stuff and that may not be present if you never bothered to launch Media Player on those systems. And of course the usual permissions issues and such would figure in as well...

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2024 Jan 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Mejor solucion Actualicen los codec de Windows media y santo remedio 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 18, 2014 Dec 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, my problem is the same. Is there any solution to the problem? Windows 8.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2015 Jan 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Mylenium's answer worked for me: I need to install and run Windows Media Player before this error went away.

For reference: I had installed AfterEffects a Windows Server 2012 R2 image, which did not have Windows Media Player. Every time I ran AE, this plugin error would appear (ImporterWindowsMedia.prm failed to load).  To fix it, I enabled the "Desktop Experience" feature in Windows (Server Manager > Add Feature > User Experience > Desktop Experience), which in turn enabled the "Media" feature.  Enabling that feature installed Windows Media Player.  After restarting the computer, AE no longer complains about this plugin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2015 Nov 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10 comes without Windows Media Player, please Adobe go on and disable that error message on Win 10, makes no sense here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 13, 2016 Jan 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone.

If you have this problem and if you are on Windows 10, you can try to install the Windows Media Player Official.

Download and install free Windows media player for Windows 10 - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 17, 2016 May 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're on Windows 10 Pro N build 1511, the correct update seems to be here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3099229​.

The other update didn't change anything for me – this one worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2023 Jan 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you, this one work on me too

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2019 Nov 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this vedio deleted 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2021 Sep 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

right.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines