3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 11, 2012 6:12 AM by Sham HC

Set Server Timezone

Jayatl Level 1

Hello,

Our servers are set a Pacific Standard Time; however, when I make a change on one of our author instances it shows as Easter Standard Time.  I would have though the time was taken form teh server.  In any case, where/how do I set the timezone for all of my machines (so that the Publish machines recognize the same timestamp) in a Clustered environment?

Thanks

• 1. Re: Set Server Timezone
          Sham HC Level 7

Could you be specific what changes you are refering is it calender entry, widget time or activate later time or ... ??   Timezone for all server should be same in cluster.  Change at system level or pass through system property.  Sample below and verify throughly.

[1] Change the timezone on linux server

Change symlink of /etc/localtime -> /usr/share/zoneinfo/America/Los_Angeles

[2] Change the timezone is system property

-Duser.timezone=America/Los_Angeles

• 2. Re: Set Server Timezone
            Jayatl Level 1

Sham,

Apolgies for not being clear, we are using Solaris 10 servers in a multi-datacenter environmnet.  All of our servers (at the OS level) are set at PST.  In CQ, if I make a change to a page and view the modified timestamp - it's showing EST.  To be more clear:

Solaris server:

$ date

Thu Sep  6 15:24:32 PDT 2012

CQ Site Admin Panel's Modified Column

06-Sep-2012 18:24

Where is it getting 18:24 from???

We are using 5.5 Update One

• 3. Re: Set Server Timezone
              Sham HC Level 7

When user makes any modification on page the PagePostProcessor saves the content along with modifying date. As it is done at server side it should take server timezone.  I have seen issue with earlier jdk bug in one of envirnoment.  Coud you please explictely set system property (-Duser.timezone) & verify.