2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 7, 2012 7:47 AM by the_wine_snob

Cutting tool CS6

MaFoDes

O.k. let's see how to tell and explain this. I'm not native english so..

I'm used to work in CS5. Now i've downloaded a trial version of CS6 just to see if it's my thing.

Now, there is something i do not understand. The cutting tool. In CS 5 i could give my own dimensions and resolution. Now in CS6 i can make a pre-choice. Takes a few extra "clicks". But i do not like the new cutting tool.

Is there a way to adjust the cutting tool option as it was in CS5?

• 1. Re: Cutting tool CS6
          Jon-M-Spear Level 4

Are you confusing the crop tool of Photoshop with the edit tool in Premiere Pro?

• 2. Re: Cutting tool CS6
            the_wine_snob Level 9

As Jon points out, the Crop Tool in PS offers what you describe, where the Razor Tool in PrPro is for Cutting a Clip.

You CAN Crop in PrPro, but it is a slightly different operation. There is a Crop Effect, that can be applied to a Clip, to reduce the number of pixels seen.

One of the big differences between an Image and Video, is that Video has a set (in the Sequence) Frame Size, where an Image does not have such a constraint. Also, Resolution (such as DPI, or PPI) has no real meaning in Video, unlike an Image meant for viewing on a computer, or printing.

Good luck,

Hunt