6 Replies Latest reply on Sep 7, 2012 7:41 AM by Wakeinvisible

Save project problem

Wakeinvisible

Hi there, i'm new here my name is Giovanni and im from Italy. Anyway, ive got a serious problem with adobe premiere cs5:

Ive made a project music video like 4:00min long, i saved the project checking the size file that is like 15.000kb, than i dont know why the project is gone be crazy, ive saved the project again "the same project, at the same time with the same files" and the save size became 77.000kb, and when i try to open the project it will crash when about 70 on 80 files are loaded. I took an auto-save project that was still 15.000kb but when i save the project again the file became again 77.000kb and it will crash again if i re-open it. Someone knows what it depends on?

My sys specs:

i7 860 @4.0ghz

8 Gb XMS3 DDR3

2x GTX570SLI

1 HDD Sata3 1TB and 4 HDD's Sata3 500gb RAID-0

TX850 Corsair Power

Note: I can still open an auto-save file, but when i try to save the project is the same problem...

Pls, Help me.

Thanks a lot and sorry for my english xD

• 1. Re: Save project problem
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Giovanni,

What is the exact version of CS 5, that you have (including updates)?

There was a Bug, that caused the PRPROJ (Project) files to bloat, and that caused all sorts of problems. Cannot recall the exact order of fixes, with the updates, but it was taken care of, in CS 5, i.e. I do not believe that the fix was to upgrade to CS 5.5.

I'll look for some of the "file bloat" threads, to check out my memory, and post those here.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: Save project problem
            the_wine_snob Level 9

Here is one of those threads: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/647006?tstart=120

Hope that gets you started.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 3. Re: Save project problem
              Wakeinvisible Level 1

Solved the problem after 2 hours thinking and tryng more ways...

Problem without fix:

• 1. Ive made a project of 4 minutes, and after 2 days, ive saved the project.
              • 2. The saved project was 15mb, and than became 77mb strangely.
              • 3. Ive tryed to open an auto-save project of the same, but ever when i try to save the project became 77mb.
              • 4. So opening the 77mb project will crash before that every file is loaded in the project.

If you get this problem what you have to do:

• 1. You have to find a recent auto-save that isnt obsolete [ 77mb for 80clips per 40gb is obsolete, instead 15mb for 80clips per 40gb isnt obsolete ]
              • 2. You have to create a new project with same settings, and than you have to load the "auto-save" project importing in this project the main "Sequence".
              • 3. Than you have to make a rendering of the project, and than save the file making a backup of it.

Now the project is 7mb Size with 80clips per 40gb.

Is fast to open and to render, better than before.

• 4. Re: Save project problem
                the_wine_snob Level 9

Here is another thread, and Colin's suggestion to update to CS 5.0.3 seems to have helped the OP: http://forums.adobe.com/message/3533978#3533978

Good luck,

Hunt

• 5. Re: Save project problem
                  the_wine_snob Level 9

35 Views of this topic and nobody knows  how to fix this problem "on the OFFICIAL FORUM" of adobe? That's unbelievable...

Sorry that I needed my coffee, before I answered Giovanni, but the "file bloat" was a Bug in CS 5, and was fixed with an update. According to the last thread, to which I linked, Colin suggested updating to CS 5.0.3 fixed that Bug, at least for the OP.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 6. Re: Save project problem
                    Wakeinvisible Level 1

Thank you very much anyway Hunt, ive posted above the solution if someone wont update premiere.

Giovanni