What is the exact version of CS 5, that you have (including updates)?
There was a Bug, that caused the PRPROJ (Project) files to bloat, and that caused all sorts of problems. Cannot recall the exact order of fixes, with the updates, but it was taken care of, in CS 5, i.e. I do not believe that the fix was to upgrade to CS 5.5.
I'll look for some of the "file bloat" threads, to check out my memory, and post those here.
Solved the problem after 2 hours thinking and tryng more ways...
Problem without fix:
- 1. Ive made a project of 4 minutes, and after 2 days, ive saved the project.
- 2. The saved project was 15mb, and than became 77mb strangely.
- 3. Ive tryed to open an auto-save project of the same, but ever when i try to save the project became 77mb.
- 4. So opening the 77mb project will crash before that every file is loaded in the project.
If you get this problem what you have to do:
- 1. You have to find a recent auto-save that isnt obsolete [ 77mb for 80clips per 40gb is obsolete, instead 15mb for 80clips per 40gb isnt obsolete ]
- 2. You have to create a new project with same settings, and than you have to load the "auto-save" project importing in this project the main "Sequence".
- 3. Than you have to make a rendering of the project, and than save the file making a backup of it.
Now the project is 7mb Size with 80clips per 40gb.
Is fast to open and to render, better than before.
35 Views of this topic and nobody knows how to fix this problem "on the OFFICIAL FORUM" of adobe? That's unbelievable...
Sorry that I needed my coffee, before I answered Giovanni, but the "file bloat" was a Bug in CS 5, and was fixed with an update. According to the last thread, to which I linked, Colin suggested updating to CS 5.0.3 fixed that Bug, at least for the OP.
Thank you very much anyway Hunt, ive posted above the solution if someone wont update premiere.