1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 7, 2012 9:41 AM by Peter Spier

changing print settings defaults?

Brad_Simmons Level 1

So, InDesign has a print default setting that has caused me to waste needless amounts of paper, and I'm wondering how to change this.

When I pull up my Print screen, the Pages section has the "All" radio button automatically selected.

What I would like to do is have a default so that the current page I'm viewing would print, not the entire document. At the very least, I would like to have the "Range" setting selected.

Is there any way to change this default?

For that matter, I find it annoying that InDesign remembers the last pages that I printed, and displays these in the "Range" setting. Is there any way to change this so that the program does not "remember"  that the last page range that I specified? I would actually prefer that ID ask me to manually enter in the page ranges each time I want to print.

These two default settings have caused me to print entire booklets when all I wanted to do was print a single page. Or print the wrong page range, which also results in wasted paper.

It seems to me that InDesign should be at least as "smart" as Acrobat or Word, both of which has a default of printing a single page that you're viewing on your screen. If there's no way to set this in defaults, I think this is a feature that Adobe ought to add to their list of ID changes.