5 Replies Latest reply on Sep 8, 2012 12:00 PM by posmindset

adobe bridge errors

posmindset Level 1

trying to view the .ffx presets in adobe bridge for after effects and when i select any of them the picture icon and the name pop up in the preview panel but they nothing else happens.

none of them play: animations, text, or sound

what is the problem? how do i fix?

• 1. Re: adobe bridge errors
          Dave LaRonde Level 6

Sorry, I can't make out your query agains the dark background.

• 2. Re: adobe bridge errors
            Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

Yeah, Dave is wearing goggles which is even recognizable in his avatar (the same is true for a lot of other people around here), so you should do us all a favor and forego fancy text styling with black on a dark-bluish grey. Anyway, since you didn't provide any system info nor what version you actually use we can only givce you the stock answer: Update Quicktime and configure it properly along with your graphics driver.

Mylenium

• 3. Re: adobe bridge errors
              posmindset Level 1

trying to view the .ffx presets in adobe bridge cs6 for after effects and when i select any of them, the picture icon and the name pop up in the preview panel but the actual graphic/animation/sound do not show up and autom play ....and nothing happens.

None of them play: animations, text, or sound

what is the problem?  how do i fix it ?

• 4. Re: adobe bridge errors
                Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

As I said, all that stuff requires a working Quicktime install, as that's what is being used to do the previews. Beyond that we really can't advise because you are not giving us enough information.

Mylenium

• 5. Re: adobe bridge errors
                  posmindset Level 1

Mylenium,

There's no need for the negative approach.  The "fancy styling" you refer to is from copying my question from another post i made.  It pasted that way and for some reason the dark background displayed with it.  I tried, but could not remove it. 

As I could still read the sentences, I made the assumption that others would be able to as well.....my mistake.

My system information is below.

windows 7

toshiba satellite a665 laptop intel i3 cpu M370 2.40 ghz

8gb ram 64 bit

Intel hd graphics card

500gb hard drive with 100gb free

i'm using adobe creative cloud cs6

I have uninstall and reinstalled quicktime player and adjusted the settings and now the affects show up when i click on them, but not all of them will play.  Some will play and some won't.  When i select one, the splash image will appear the and scroll bar shows it's playing but the animation doesn't happen.

I have noticed that if i undock the bridge program from the screen and move it a bit, then the animations will show as they are playing.

A few will play but most won't.

thanks for any help