2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 22, 2008 3:07 PM by Newsgroup_User

BudApi & forcing wmv file to open in Windows Media Player

miche_r
      I'd like to know if it's possible to open a file with BudApi and force all the wmv-files to open in Windows Media Player (even if the associated program to open wmv-files is something else).

I have had problems with opening videos when the associated program is something else than WMP. For example, wmv-files won't open when the associated player is VLC Player (error code 31: There is no application associated with the given filename). Same thing is when the vob-files are associated Nero Showtime. That's why I think the best way would be to force all these problematic video files to open with Windows Media Player.
        • 1. Re: BudApi & forcing wmv file to open in Windows Media   Player
          Level 7
          Why don't you play them on Director's stage using a #windowsMedia member?
          • 2. Re: BudApi & forcing wmv file to open in Windows Media Player
            Level 7
            try:
            open "fullPathToYour.wmv" with "explorer"

"temes" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
            news:fpm54c$pmp$1@forums.macromedia.com...
            > I'd like to know if it's possible to open a file with BudApi and force all
            > the
            > wmv-files to open in Windows Media Player (even if the associated program
            > to
            > open wmv-files is something else).
            >
            > I have had problems with opening videos when the associated program is
            > something else than WMP. For example, wmv-files won't open when the
            > associated
            > player is VLC Player (error code 31: There is no application associated
            > with
            > the given filename). Same thing is when the vob-files are associated Nero
            > Showtime. That's why I think the best way would be to force all these
            > problematic video files to open with Windows Media Player.
            >