17 Replies Latest reply on Nov 12, 2012 4:40 PM by Torrez1

Adobe Touch non responsive after ICS update on Xoom 2

Torrez1

It seems after doing a update to ICS on my Motorola Xoom 2 has broken Adobe Touch the app is no longer responsive and will cause screen flickering when trying to select folders has anyone experience this issue.  Prior to this the Honeycomb OS worked well with Adobe Touch.

Also the latest update from Adobe Touch does not resolve the problem...

• 1. Re: Adobe Touch non responsive after ICS update on Xoom 2
          greule Adobe Employee

I'm sorry to hear that you have trouble running PS Touch. Have you tried PS Touch after a reboot of your device.

-Guido

• 2. Re: Adobe Touch non responsive after ICS update on Xoom 2
            Torrez1 Level 1

Yes, I've tried numerous methods,  resetting, clearing cache etc...nothing seems to work, prior to getting my ICS update I had no issues when running HoneyComb after the update to Ice Cream 4.1 I notice PS Touch was not responding to touch commands for example the folders do not open then at times the app will flicker the screen and hitting the back button is useless to escape I have to tap the home button to get back to the home screen from there I go to settings to force close..any ideas ? Please let me know I purchased this app to tweak my graphics while on the go for my Android apps in development..

Thanks

Connected by Motorola

SoftTech Apps

• 3. Re: Adobe Touch non responsive after ICS update on Xoom 2
              greule Adobe Employee

Have you tried to re-install PS Touch?  Are you experiencing the problems while being connected with your desktop computer?

-

Guido

• 4. Re: Adobe Touch non responsive after ICS update on Xoom 2
                Torrez1 Level 1

I will try the uninstall - reinstall again but again this may not work seeing that I just received an update from Adobe Photo touch actually everyone should have received this update....

Connected by Motorola

SoftTech

• 5. Re: Adobe Touch non responsive after ICS update on Xoom 2
                  Torrez1 Level 1

Does anyone know of way to place a trouble ticket with Adobe in regards to issues with PS Touch for Android ? Or should I contact Google Play Store on the issue..

Connected by Motorola

SoftTech

• 6. Re: Adobe Touch non responsive after ICS update on Xoom 2
                    ibarrien Adobe Employee

Torrez1 wrote:

Yes, I've tried numerous methods,  resetting, clearing cache etc...nothing seems to work, prior to getting my ICS update I had no issues when running HoneyComb after the update to Ice Cream 4.1 I notice PS Touch was not responding to touch commands for example the folders do not open then at times the app will flicker the screen and hitting the back button is useless to escape I have to tap the home button to get back to the home screen from there I go to settings to force close..any ideas ? Please let me know I purchased this app to tweak my graphics while on the go for my Android apps in development..

Thanks

Connected by Motorola

SoftTech Apps

Hi,

Do understand it correctly:

You have a device that was upgraded to ICS, you installed the never version of PS Touch and that's when you see the error?

And you have rebooted the device at least once after installing PS Touch?

Are you an application developer, if so: did you edit the development settings?

Thanks,

Ignacio

• 7. Re: Adobe Touch non responsive after ICS update on Xoom 2
                      Torrez1 Level 1

Nothing was changed from the norm this problem occurred after the update to ICS I was also curious about this problem with other users with Motorola Xoom devices so I went to the Google play store to view remarks about this Adobe Touch and notice there are others with same problem...

Connected by Motorola

SoftTech

• 8. Re: Adobe Touch non responsive after ICS update on Xoom 2
                        Warunicorn Adobe Community Professional

Using a Xoom (Wi-Fi model; 1st generation) here running Jelly Bean 4.1; no outstanding problems to report with PS Touch 1.3.

• 9. Re: Adobe Touch non responsive after ICS update on Xoom 2
                          Torrez1 Level 1

not sure what other models might have this problem but I have the Wifi Xyboard also note that someone else gave a review of Adobe Touch describing the same issue..I'm not sure if Adobe tested this product %100 with ICS....and the bad thing is that Touch does not throw any errors, exceptions ANR messages its difficult to pinpoint what's going on..as for my device I have not had any issues with it..performs %100

Connected by Motorola

SoftTech

• 10. Re: Adobe Touch non responsive after ICS update on Xoom 2
                            Levelgold

I updated my Xoom2 to ICS 3 weeks ago.  Bought PS TOUCH yesterday.  Did all tutorials OK.  But cant open any photos as buttons dont respond.  Even tried going via Gallery to 'Share' - but PS TOUCH not listed - trick mised there as well I thought!

Looks like it could be a great App!

• 11. Re: Adobe Touch non responsive after ICS update on Xoom 2
                              Torrez1 Level 1

Yes, this is very discouraging, my only work around for this is to use the gallery then select edit from the top menu at which you will want to select PS as the editor to add a 2nd layer to a photo you will have to hit the home button then go to gallery again open  the photo of choice then do a copy, go back to your PS app then paste the image into the layer it's crude but works the image detail may not be the same though.

• 12. Re: Adobe Touch non responsive after ICS update on Xoom 2
                                Levelgold Level 1

That workround is great!  I was scratching my head as to how to even open a photo.

I was wondering if it had something to do with Xoom2 not able to open Flash (or is it Shockwave)

• 13. Re: Adobe Touch non responsive after ICS update on Xoom 2
                                  Torrez1 Level 1

I'm not sure but I hope they figure something out for a fix, I've also noted others having  similar problems in the Google Market review section for Adobe Touch

Connected by Motorola

SoftTech

tw39@webmail.us

• 14. Re: Adobe Touch non responsive after ICS update on Xoom 2
                                    ibarrien Adobe Employee

Hi again,

to be sure about having fixed this I need some steps on how to get to the flickering part.

I'm using a Xoom2 a.k.a. Xyboard 10.1 with ICS and I do not see any flickering.

I installed PS touch and upgraded it. Even tried resetting device and installing from scratch.

As I understand it you see flickering right away on this devices?

Which folders are you trying to select?

Inside PS touch or on the device (images)?

How many images do you have on the device?

Are you trying to select images on a network?

Are there any other applications that you use while working with PS Touch?

Does a restart of the application help?

Does a restart of the device help?

Thanks,

Ignacio

• 15. Re: Adobe Touch non responsive after ICS update on Xoom 2
                                      Torrez1 Level 1

This seems to only happen after you enter PS for example once the app Splash screen is complete you have choice to open a existing file on the tablet now this next part is hit or miss try opening a existing graphics file on your tablet your system may seem like its locked up but if  you hit the Home key this will take you out to the main Home screen now re-enter the app by selecting the Icon, now try opening up a existing file again your screen may start flickering at this point.. It seems the screen flicker happens only if you persist on trying to open a graphics file. Also my unit did not have this issue with Honeycomb only after my update to ICS 4.0 did I notice this problem.

Xoom 2 or (Xyboard)

ICS 4.0 

Connected by Motorola

SoftTech

tw39@webmail.us

• 16. Re: Adobe Touch non responsive after ICS update on Xoom 2
                                        ibarrien Adobe Employee

thanks for the reply, I do have some more questions inline though

Torrez1 wrote:

This seems to only happen after you enter PS for example once the app Splash screen is complete you have choice to open a existing file on the tablet

Q: I assume you mean an existing PS Touch file (psdx)?

now this next part is hit or miss

Q: Can you please explain what you mean by hit or miss? Are you working with a stylus?

try opening a existing graphics file on your tablet your system may seem like its locked up but if  you hit the Home key this will take you out to the main Home screen now re-enter the app by selecting the Icon,

Q: What kind of graphics file is this? Does it always occur on the same kind of image, the same image? Are you inside of the existing PSDX file when doing this, .ie. Document mode?

now try opening up a existing file again your screen may start flickering at this point..

Q: Is this once more an existing PSDX file? Are you still in `Document mode? We need to know exactly where you are when you try to open the files.

It seems the screen flicker happens only if you persist on trying to open a graphics file.

Q: Does this mean that you cannot open any graphics files?

Also my unit did not have this issue with Honeycomb only after my update to ICS 4.0 did I notice this problem.

Xoom 2 or (Xyboard)

ICS 4.0 

Connected by Motorola

SoftTech

tw39@webmail.us

Thanks,

Ignacio

Message was edited by: ibarrien

• 17. Re: Adobe Touch non responsive after ICS update on Xoom 2
                                          Torrez1 Level 1

Well basically whats happening is that after selecting the Icon for opening existing photos (Bottom Center of Screen) on your device and tapping on a folder causes the app to become non responsive so the only way to exit from that screen is to select the home icon which takes me back to my home screen and selecting the PS icon again takes you back to the same non responsive screen on some occasions this will cause the screen to flicker so the problem seems to be in the area of trying to open folders on your device it doesn't matter which folder..