2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 9, 2012 4:35 AM by JJMack

Default actions folder in Photoshop CS6

philkdc Level 1

I installed Photoshop CS6 on my iMac and MacBook.  The MacBook has a "Default Actions" folder in the actions panel with 13 default actions.  This folder did not appear on my iMac following install.  However, my iMac has several image and text effect actions installed that did not install on my iMac.  Would like to have the Default Actions on my iMac and text and image effect actions on my MacBook.  Not sure how to do this.

• 1. Re: Default actions folder in Photoshop CS6
          c.pfaffenbichler Level 9

Are the atn-files in /Applications/Adobe Photoshop CS6/Presets/Actions?

Otherwise you could load the set, then select it in the Actions Panel and use »Save Actions« from the Panel’s fly-out menu to save them to another location.

• 2. Re: Default actions folder in Photoshop CS6
            JJMack Most Valuable Participant

I'm a PC user ther are some differences between PC and the Mac but not that much

Actions are savet in sets and han File name .atn extentsios thes can be saved and loaded from any folder on you system Photoshop install some action step in its install tree

..\presets\actions\  on windows 9 sets.  If you load and save actions from/to othe folders you photoshop setings will remenber the folders your default mad change presets\actions

Commands.atn

Frames.atn

Image Effects.atn

LAB - Black & White Technique.atn

Production.atn

Stars Trails.atn

Text Effects.atn

Textures.atn

Video Actions.atn