6 Replies Latest reply on Sep 15, 2012 11:40 AM by the_wine_snob

no audio when import mts

rmartin215 Level 1

Premiere cs6 will not import audio with mts.  Tried to follow advice: 

Use Media Browser for Import:  No audio

Different disks, comptuers, different cameras:  Canon, Sony, Panasonic.  No Audio.

Deactivate CS6 then reactivate. Can't deactivate.

Now what? 

• 1. Re: no audio when import mts
          the_wine_snob Level 9

When you Copied your card's files to the computer, did you also Copy the full folder structure, or just the media files?

When you Imported the files into PrPro, did you allow the Conforming and Indexing to complete 100%?

Good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: no audio when import mts
            rmartin215 Level 1

Thanks for the reply. I need some good luck with CS6.

I copied the full file structure;  allowed plenty of time -- no conforming or index message.

I have creative cloud, which by the way  continues to require me to activate the subscription.

Help!!!

• 3. Re: no audio when import mts
              Jim_Simon Level 8

Do you have audio with other kinds of media?

• 4. Re: no audio when import mts
                Allynn Wilkinson Level 2

Weird that there is no conforming message.  I'm pretty sure that's your problem.  Are the clips long?  I'm a recent Premiere convertee and I was cursing this exact problem until I learned about the conforming (now I'm cursing other probelms).

Can you open the mts in something else (say FCP 7 ;-) just to confim that the audio is present.  When I did this it made me very happy!

Next, assuming you don't have tons of projects, clear out your Adobe Cache.  You can do this from within the program or just be a bull in a china closet about it (assuming you don't have tons of projects open ;-).  It's in the user/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Common/  (unless you're on Windows in which case I have no idea ;-).  I moved mine to a secondary drive so I could keep track of it.

Now, with a nice clean system and confident that your mts files actually *have* audio, try importing them again and watch in the lower right corner for the conforming progress bar.  It really doesn't take that long (if you're expecting it) but I bet I screwed mine up starting and stopping a dozen times before I realized what it was doing.

hope this helps.

I need some Premiere 'luck' too!

Allynn

• 5. Re: no audio when import mts
                  rmartin215 Level 1

Thanks to the replies. Something very strange has occurred.  For no obvious reason, almost all of the mts files now include audio regardless of whether the entire structure is imported. And sometimes simply copying the no-audio file to a new disk brings the audio in.  The issue was not indexing or conforming; the audio just did not import.

Furthermore, all of the presets are now present.  I have changed nothing, except having to reactivate the cloud frequenty, because of the CS6-CS5 problem. 

Maybe I am finally having some luck with CS6-- about time.  I am crossing my fingers -- what has been given can easily be taken away.

Now, if only the sequence marker problem would get solved ....

• 6. Re: no audio when import mts
                    the_wine_snob Level 9

all of the presets are now present.  I have changed nothing, except having to reactivate the cloud frequenty, because of the CS6-CS5 problem.

Well, that Deactivation/Reactivation might have been the "fix." See this FAQ Entry for some background: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1050730?tstart=0

Good luck,

Hunt