3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 16, 2012 8:48 AM by photoman 157

Wacom Intuos 4 with Mountain Lion on iMAC 21.5" - erratic behaviour

hani7up Level 1

High everybody! I bought a new iMAC, a 21.5", 2.7 GHz one with 12 GBytes RAM. My intuos 4, when using Photoshop CS6, works on and off. I mean, when I am painting with the finger tool for instance, and more often than not, I try to make the strokes but the damn finger brush cursor won't move on the screen until a couple of seconds had passed. In other words, there's a very annoying delay between the physical stroke on the tablet and the brush moving on the screen, it's not simultaneous as it ought to be. And I have installed the latest driver of Wacom for this model!!! This never happened before with the older iMAC, 2.4 GHz and 4 GBytes RAM. I mean, it should work even better.

Any clue, anybody?

• 1. Re: Wacom Intuos 4 with Mountain Lion on iMAC 21.5" - erratic behaviour
          leoaze

Did you download the latest driver from Wacom's site (version Driver 6.3.3-3 for Mac OS X v. 10.8, 10.7 & 10.6)??

Let us know if that fixes the issue.

Cheers,

leo

• 2. Re: Wacom Intuos 4 with Mountain Lion on iMAC 21.5" - erratic behaviour
            hani7up Level 1

I downloaded the driver 6.3.3-3 for Mac OS X v. 10.8, but no progress.

I might add that this issue happens with the smudge brush and the mixer brushed, i.e. in jobs that requires "painting". The results on the image after the stokes tend be be very slow. From time to time I "purged>All" and the this solved the problem partly but for a short time.

I think ths may be an issue to work out between Apple (AMD RADEN driver, HD 6770), Adobe (Photoshop CS6) and even Wacom.. I am not an expert, far from it, but perhaps a three way monitoring of the behaviour of the system (Apple, Adobe, Wacom) may shed better light and amore ample perspective on the way to solve those issues.

Thank God I don't have to use the mixer brush that ofter, although I do use the Smudge tool a ittle more frequently.

Let's see if any of you guys has something to contribute to this.

• 3. Re: Wacom Intuos 4 with Mountain Lion on iMAC 21.5" - erratic behaviour
              photoman 157 Level 1

Not at my computer right now so can't be real specific. But, go to the brush pallet menu and at the bottom right(?) where the brush spread example is shown, can't remember name, try adjusting the spread and see if this helps. Had a similar problem in the early days of PSCS 6, and adjusted the spread and problem was solved.

If I get home early enough today I'll try to get more info. Hope this helps.