3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 23, 2008 1:45 PM by Chunick

Upgrading from Director 7 to Director 11

ogagliardi2 Level 1
      On the Adobe web site I see that only users owning versions of Director MX and above qualify for a discount. I will like to see a price break for users of older versions of Director. I own Director 7 and I will like to upgrade to Director 11. Paying the full price is not feasible.
        • 1. Re: Upgrading from Director 7 to Director 11
          Romeo.Marian Level 1
          Please contact NVIDIA and try to upgrade a RIVA TNT2 M64 to a GeForce 9600GT.
          If their answer is YES, i'm sure you'll get a copy of Adobe Director 11 for free!
          ;)
          • 2. Re: Upgrading from Director 7 to Director 11
            Level 7
            ogagliardi2 wrote:
            > On the Adobe web site I see that only users owning versions of Director MX and
            > above qualify for a discount. I will like to see a price break for users of
            > older versions of Director. I own Director 7 and I will like to upgrade to
            > Director 11. Paying the full price is not feasible.
            >
            Actually, it appears they are offering the upgrade price for 8.5 as well
            (not that it helps you with 7).

Macromedia used to allow for license transfers, (not sure how that works
            with adobe now), so you could buy a used copy, then upgrade. In fact
            there is an ebay auction right now for an 8.5 cd/key. You might make
            sure that it is still transferable though.
            • 3. Re: Upgrading from Director 7 to Director 11
              Chunick Level 3
              quote:

Originally posted by: Newsgroup User
              ogagliardi2 wrote:
              > On the Adobe web site I see that only users owning versions of Director MX and
              > above qualify for a discount. I will like to see a price break for users of
              > older versions of Director. I own Director 7 and I will like to upgrade to
              > Director 11. Paying the full price is not feasible.
              >
              Actually, it appears they are offering the upgrade price for 8.5 as well
              (not that it helps you with 7).

Macromedia used to allow for license transfers, (not sure how that works
              with adobe now), so you could buy a used copy, then upgrade. In fact
              there is an ebay auction right now for an 8.5 cd/key. You might make
              sure that it is still transferable though.

I went the ebay way for my upgrade to MX2004 way back in the Macromedia day and was able to get the seller to sign off to the transfer of ownership... the Adobe link can be found here:
              http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalId=tn_15281&sliceId=1