8 Replies Latest reply on Sep 19, 2012 2:18 AM by Pickory

Removing Exchange

Pickory Level 3

Hello,

I have an old copy of the Exchange panel which I would like to remove from InDesign 6 so I can use the new Adobe Exchange panel. There was a name change so the extension manager is not able to do this automatically.

Any help with this would be most appreciated.

Thanks.

P.

• 1. Re: Removing Exchange
          Sushmar Level 1

Manually remove/uninstall  any panel you have with the name "agora" or "exchange" or "com.adobe.exchange" via Extension Manager. You can download the latest panel from www.adobeexchange.com

• 2. Re: Removing Exchange
            Pickory Level 3

Hello Sushmar,

I did try that but could not find a panel with any of those names. I also did an export extension list and searched it and still could not find a panel with those names.

The only odd thing about the system I am working on is that I did have a pre-release of InDesign 6 on here and I did have agora installed. I have since removed the pre-release InDesign and installed an InDesign 6 upgrade.

I have a demo copy of InCopy which also has the out of date exchange panel.

I seem to be in an update loop, I install the new Adobe Exchange and when I try to use it I am told there is an update. The menu under Window/Extensions always says Exchange. If I had the latest panel would it say Adove Exchange?

Thanks.

P.

• 3. Re: Removing Exchange
              Sushmar Level 1

Can you try installing the new panel from www.adobeexchange.com without going through the update process? Do you then get the panel called "adobe Exchange".

• 4. Re: Removing Exchange
                Pickory Level 3

Hello,

Thank you for your help with this. I did download the 'adobe Exchange', double clicked on it which launched the Extension manager and installed it. When I choose the exchange menu item in InDesign I still get this.

Screen shot 2012-09-12 at 07.43.25.png

I wonder what I am doing wrong.

Thanks.

P.

• 5. Re: Removing Exchange
                  Sushmar Level 1

you need to chose the menu item "Adobe Exchange", not just "exchange". The one that says only Exchange needs to uninstalled vis Extension Manager, but you are saying you don;t see any extension called .com.adobe.exchange or exchange in Extension manager.

Do you see the menu item "Adobe Exchange"?

Sushma

• 6. Re: Removing Exchange
                    Pickory Level 3

Hello Sushma,

Thank you for coming back to this.

It is really odd. As yo can see from the above screen shot 'Adobe Exchange' is installed yet I only see 'Exchange' in the menu.

Screen shot 2012-09-18 at 08.09.53.png

It must be somthing I have broken. Is there a way of zapping the Extension Managers data base?

Thanks.

P.

• 7. Re: Removing Exchange
                      Sushmar Level 1

We had someone recently run into this issue internally and the problem was that the old version of exchange was for some reason lurking aorund and did not get cleaned up properly.

Can you check if the old Exchange is around in these places -

win:

C:\Documents and Settings\<user>\Application Data\AdobeCS6ServiceManager\extensions\...

or

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\CS6ServiceManage\extensions

Mac:

/Users/lrymarz/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CS6ServiceManager/extensions/

/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CS6ServiceManager/extensions/

• 8. Re: Removing Exchange
                        Pickory Level 3

You fixed it! Thank you so much.

Agora was here:

/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CS6ServiceManager/extensions/

Thank you.

P.