9 Replies Latest reply on Sep 28, 2012 9:39 AM by wirralLes

Please help with errors in Flash and Create JS Toolkit.

AdeptDigital Level 2

I am attempting to bring an animated menu into the CreateJS toolkit so I can place it in my site as alternate content for non-flash devices, iOS in particular.  I keep getting an unstable preview of the menu and error messages I don't completely understand.

"Frame numbers in EaselJS start at 0 instead of 1. For example, this affects gotoAndStop and gotoAndPlay calls. (20)"  I use frame labels to avoid this exact circumstance, will this error effect the output to HTML5 or is this a cautionary error message that I can ignore?

"Feature not supported: TLF text. Use classic text instead. (2)"  I have removed all the text in this project, broke apart the text into line drawings, which removed all but 2 on this error message.  Is there any way I can track down the two I have left.  I have gone through them all and still I cannot find the keyframe with these two text entries.

Other error messages have come up but I donot have a number next to the message so I am assuming that the Output window shows all the errors and the ones with the numbers next to them are the ones that count in this project.  If not, please let me know.

I would post the FLA file but this forum doesn't seem to allow that any more.  Here is the entire error message I get from the output window:

WARNINGS:

Text support is limited. It is generally recommended to include text as HTML elements (see DOMElement).

Feature not supported: TLF text. Use classic text instead. (2)

Feature not supported: Masks.

Frame numbers in EaselJS start at 0 instead of 1. For example, this affects gotoAndStop and gotoAndPlay calls. (20)

Buttons are published as MovieClip symbols without interactivity.

Input and static text fields are published as dynamic text fields.

The output from this is chaotic and inoperable, if I cannot get it to work I will need to come up with a different solution.

Thank You,

Brett