2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 10, 2012 3:27 PM by CJR329

.printWithDialog for Chrome / Firefox

CJR329

I am not sure where to post this, as I have not been able to find documentation on it. But it works for me in IE 7. I need to open a web page with a PDF embedded and automatically present the print dialog to the user. Does anyone know if there is an equivalent for Chrome / Forefox? Also I was told it does not work in IE 9.

Thanks

• 1. Re: .printWithDialog for Chrome / Firefox
          gkaiseril MVP & Adobe Community Professional

So many variables to sort out.

Need to know which versions of Acrobat, IE, Chrome, and FireFox. Chrome and FireFox may have their own version of a PDF reader builtin.

No Opera?

You could add a document level JavaScript to open the Print UI or add a non-printable button to the PDF.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: .printWithDialog for Chrome / Firefox
            CJR329 Level 1

Hi, thanks for your reply. We have since come up with a solution that involves creating a blank PDF with some document level javascript that does a this.print (minus itself) and concatonate that with the merged PDFs we are setting up for print. So since we are doing this all server-side, no cross-browser compatibility worries. What a relief. We have hundreds of PDFs and did not want to hard-code document-level javascript in all of them (nor could we because this is only desired during a Print operation), hence this solution. Not perfect, as you can see the blank page if you were to cancel the print dialog and scroll down, but it will not print if you use the dialog provided.