2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 10, 2012 9:16 PM by rahulgsp11

Basic Query on CQ 5

rahulgsp11

Hi,

I have a basic query about CQ5 ,actually i will be getting training on it ,i have the following doubts:-

1)I am a beginner in JAva and related technologies,does one need to be an expert in java to understand CQ5?

2)I have mainly worked on Teamsite CMS before,how easy is it for someone from that background to adapt to DAY CQ/

I can go through all the java concepts which are mandatory in CQ5 understanding,please guide regarding them.

Looking forward for expert guidance.

Regards,

Raul

• 1. Re: Basic Query on CQ 5
          todd.haser Level 2

Hi Raul,

Here's my 2 cents:

1)I am a beginner in JAva and related technologies,does one need to be an expert in java to understand CQ5?

No - and - depends.  CQ is an enterprise level CMS.  As such, it has many many bits and bobs.  There is a back-end Java element, a front-end JavaScript/ExtJS element, and a bunch of stuff between the two (sling, crx, osgi, etc.).  My best recommendation would be get on a project with a skilled architect in which you are being given components or other parts/pieces to work on. That will give you hands on guidance on building CQ and direct access to seeing an entire project go up from soup-to-nuts.  Also, if you haven't already, try to get to an Adobe CQ Dev training class.  That will really help jump start your knowledge and get you off on the right foot.

2)I have mainly worked on Teamsite CMS before,how easy is it for someone from that background to adapt to DAY CQ/

Any previous CMS knowledge is definintely helpful.  Teamsite is VERY different to CQ.  However, the goal is the same.  Content authors need a way of entering content that ultimately gets displayed and served up as a web page.  Teamsite does this with forms whereas CQ does this more inline on the page... If you've ever worked with Teamsite Sitepublisher, that's even better.  Either way, having CMS experience is definitely helpful.

Todd

• 2. Re: Basic Query on CQ 5
            rahulgsp11 Level 1

Hi Todd,

Thanks for your detailed reply

I will be getting trained on DAY CQ 5 shortly and as per your reply ,i think it will help me in getting started.

Regards,

Raul