14 Replies Latest reply on Aug 2, 2015 4:57 PM by EmiliosAvraam

RGB Color Corrector errors since update 6.0.2

xsiteSwitzerland

Hey guys,

since i've updated Premiere Pro CS6 to version 6.0.2 yesterday, all projects in which i use the RGB Color Corrector have errors while rendering the work area. Rendering is not possible until i delete the effect. Same problem with new projects.

Are there any solutions? Do you have this problem too?

Patrick

• 1. Re: RGB Color Corrector errors since update 6.0.2
          Jim_Simon Level 8

I definitely notice some weirdness with this one.  The effect seems to work and render just fine on some of my media, but on any H.264 based clips, it won't work at all.  The program monitor will freeze on the same frame until I move the CTI off that clip.  Audio still plays, though.

• 2. Re: RGB Color Corrector errors since update 6.0.2
            PJhorton

I've been experiencing this same thing since I updated to 6.02 yesterday.  Any news on a fix yet?

• 3. Re: RGB Color Corrector errors since update 6.0.2
              Jim_Simon Level 8

This likely won't get fixed for months.  For now, it may be best to simply not use that effect.

• 4. Re: RGB Color Corrector errors since update 6.0.2
                PrimalTribeMedia

exact same problem here with a H264 MOV clip. i really need the RGB Color Corrector for highlights corrections. any other effect close?

• 5. Re: RGB Color Corrector errors since update 6.0.2
                  IvorBanham

Got the same issue on MPEG 2 clips as well as H264. Looks like Adobe broke it.

• 6. Re: RGB Color Corrector errors since update 6.0.2
                    Kevin-Monahan Adobe Employee

Can you please file a bug report then? Thanks guys. http://www.adobe.com/go/wish

• 7. Re: RGB Color Corrector errors since update 6.0.2
                      Abdul Majid Level 1

I have the same issue.

Please Note: The problem only occurs when exporting in software mode. No problem when exporting in GPU mode.

• 8. Re: RGB Color Corrector errors since update 6.0.2
                        Trucker Chris

There is a solution, if you replace the RGB Color Corrector Effect with an older Version e.g. CS 6.0.1

However I am having the same issue and need the RGB Color Corrector Effect of that Version in order to replace it. I am using CS 6.0.3

• 9. Re: RGB Color Corrector errors since update 6.0.2
                          geotoolrc

I have a similar problem with RGB CC.  However, I can not get the same effect with the other color correctors, so it is not an option to not use RGBCC. 

My problem is that Premiere Pro stops rendering and gives error message when video effect "RGB Color Corrector" is selected in any clip in my HD video.  It will render if other effects, such as "Fast Color Corrector", "Color Balance (HLS)", and "Three-Way Color Corrector" are selected. It will render other clips until it finds one with RGB color corrector, then it will stop.  The other color correctors will not do what RGB color corrector does, so I need to have this working to finish a large product that is due to the client.  Encore also crashes when compiling an HD video when it encounters a clip in the video with RGB color correction.  I'm correcting video of a geology seminar, shot with daylight white balance (to make slides in a geology lecture look correct, because color is important). I need to correct small clips shot with this setting to look like the other talks which were shot with white balance adjusted to a white card at the podium, illuminated by tungsten and other lighting in the auditorium.  It is an easy fix with RGBCC, but impossible with the color wheel type correctors. 

How would I go about reverting back to the previous version of RGBCC????  Or other method to correct daylight to tungsten lighting?  I have a large project that depends on this. By the way, does anyone have a phone number to get in touch with a real tech at ADOBE?  Can you tell I'm frustrated?  Anyway, hope you have ideas for me. 

Rick

• 10. Re: RGB Color Corrector errors since update 6.0.2
                            Jim_Simon Level 8

Since it only seems to occur with MPEG based media, you could try converting your clips to something else.

This has been fixed in Premiere Pro CC, by the way.

• 11. Re: RGB Color Corrector errors since update 6.0.2
                              geotoolrc Level 1

Jim,

thanks for your input, but I have 7.5 hours of video that is ready to go out the door to a customer who is waiting.  I don't use creative cloud because at 68 the last thing I want is a new learning curve every few weeks.  I have a few years of learning and have been very successful producing video that is very good for my needs.  I just want to have the product that I have been using for all this time, to work correctly.  If the RBCC problem has been fixed in the CC version, then why is it not available to someone who has clients who depend on their work, but happen to be using the standalone version.  I'm sure that the cc version is really good and there will always be new improvements, but for lectures and seminars, CS6.0 is great.  I would just like to know who to contact at Adobe to get the fix for this.  Someone said somethinhg about going back and using the 6.1 version, which maybe means a reinstall.  I don't know when I updated to 6.3, but I'm not sure if it came with the disk upgrade I received late last year. 

I was on hold on the Tech phone line for an hour, and gave up.  Will try next week. So far, the only people at adobe who have made themselves available to actually help me are the people who sold the program to me. 

If there is an update to fix this, why can I not get it. Do you have a number I can call at Adobe?

Sorry for the rant but Adobe leaves me feeling quite alone with a product that I have used, recommended, and had good luck with, util now when I have a problem. 

Rick

• 12. Re: RGB Color Corrector errors since update 6.0.2
                                Jim_Simon Level 8

the last thing I want is a new learning curve every few weeks.

That's very unlikely to happen as a result of getting the CC version.

I would just like to know who to contact at Adobe to get the fix for this.

https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform

• 13. Re: RGB Color Corrector errors since update 6.0.2
                                  geotoolrc Level 1

Thanks for the link, but I already filed a bug report.  I wanted to see if anyone here could help.  By the name 'wishform' in the link, that tells me something about how fast this might get fixed.  Maybe I need to look at after effects or something.  I'll try some other things over the weekend.  And will check back here for any help.  Basically I'm video to look like it was shot in sunlight, from the yellow type image you get from shooting indoors with a daylight white balance.  So you know I 'm not completely stupid, I set white balances for room light for the speakers, and a separate white balance for the Screen on the wall in the auditorium.  Needed the colors accurate because it was about geology and color of soil was very important.  I let the speakers go yellow when the screen was on.  A few transitions look much better with corrections.  Such a simple thing to cause such consternation.  Anyway, a little help would sure go a long way here.

Many thanks.......

Rick

• 14. Re: RGB Color Corrector errors since update 6.0.2
                                    EmiliosAvraam

Hey guys just posting a solution for this problem cause i just came across it and was trying to find a workaround. Create an Adjustment layer and put it on top of the video and use the RGB Color Corrector through there. Looks like it's a problem with mp4 files.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Emilios