3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 14, 2006 8:26 AM by thelimpingtoad

Trouble with text editing

gardena
      This may seem strange but it's driving me crazy! I have recently reinstalled WinXP and Fireworks 8. Now when I go to edit any text the text editor keeps forcing line breaks but it is only after an "n" - all other letters seem OK. It means that if I want to write or edit anything with an "n" on one line I have to do it in two bits and then join them together. :-(
        • 1. Re: Trouble with text editing
          HighCarumba
          We've also been experiencing this extremely annoying bug.

It seems to only happen with certain font and letter combinations. Some of our designers seem to be able to reproduce the bug with the same font consistently, whereas on my machine it appears to happen more randomly. Some designers here haven't experienced the problem at all.. very odd.

One thing to try is taking the auto-kerning off on the offending text blocks. My colleague did this and it seemed to resolve the problem with a troublesome piece of copy. Not ideal obviously, as you have to hand-kern the copy yourself - but at least it means you don't have to join two seperate pieces of text together.
          • 2. Re: Trouble with text editing
            Level 7
            HighCarumba wrote:
            > We've also been experiencing this extremely annoying bug.
            >
            > It seems to only happen with certain font and letter combinations. Some of our
            > designers seem to be able to reproduce the bug with the same font consistently,

It's caused by testing different fonts after you have typed the text.
            Set the font you want to use before typing and this will not happen.

--
            Linda Rathgeber [PVII] **Adobe Community Expert-Fireworks**
            --------------------------------------------------------------
            http://www.projectseven.com
            Fireworks Newsgroup: news://forums.projectseven.com/fireworks/
            CSS Newsgroup: news://forums.projectseven.com/css/
            Design Aid Kits: http://www.webdevbiz.com/pwf/index.cfm
            --------------------------------------------------------------
            • 3. Re: Trouble with text editing
              thelimpingtoad
              this was also driving me completely nuts. It seems completely arbitrary. What a pain in the butt.
              Anyway... turning off auto kern seems to have fixed the problem.
              Thanks a million HighCarumba