3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 13, 2012 10:07 AM by 420jammer

What's Going On Here

420jammer Level 1

Several times over the course of the project, I've done things that resulted in bluish pixels appearing in my images.  I've been working around it by just doing different things instead, but it's starting to get in the way of a more critical element. 

This is an image of what happens for instance, when I add a vignette adjustment layer on top of my composition:

Message was edited by Andrew Yoole      Images removed by request from the original poster.

• 1. Re: What's Going On Here
          Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

It would really help if we knew a little more about your project. What effects? What settings? What bit depth? Are you using OpenGL for previews or rendering? What does the file look like when it's rendered?

From the way you posed your question I have no idea what's going on unless you're using levels or curves in your comp somewhere and it is crushing levels.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: What's Going On Here
            Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

The magic word of the day: HDR clipping. You're using an incompatible effect in 32bpc mode or have hopelessly overcranked a value somewhere, so belnding mode operations or whatever you are doing return results that cannot be dithered down to what the screen can display. Could of course also be a OpenGL issue of sorts.

Mylenium

• 3. Re: What's Going On Here
              420jammer Level 1

Okay, I'll keep in mind to post screen shots and project info in the future.  Thank you for the tip.