3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 12, 2012 7:33 AM by wjnp2000

InDesign CS6 and epub

stuhello

I've started working on ebooks for my company, using print layouts in ID6, stripping them back to the basics and following the 'best practice' notes from Adobe and others.

My test publication has front matter, followed by a Contents page and then the body of the book, although all the frames are linked, the Contents section keeps appearing at the end of the document, am I doing something really silly or has anyone else encountered this problem?

Cheers

Stuart

• 1. Re: InDesign CS6 and epub
          joycegraff

Yes, I have had the same experience but have not yet figured it out.

• 2. Re: InDesign CS6 and epub
            Steve Werner Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I strongly recommend learning to create EPUB using one or both of these resources:

(1) eBooks by Elizabeth Castro at her website:

http://www.elizabethcastro.com/epub/

(2) Videos by Anne-Marie Concepcion on the Lynda.com website.

Creating EPUB files requires some extensive learning, and it's very difficult to do it on your own.

• 3. Re: InDesign CS6 and epub
              wjnp2000 Level 2

When you convert ID to epub, the program follow the order of the text/frames.

If your frames are linked, any other frame that are not linked, even if it are in the page 1, will appear after the linked frames.

I recommend break the links before the Contents section to make appearing in the correct order that you want. This applies also anything that you want ordering.

In epub, to break it in pages separetely, the prodecure is different, you have to break in files or indicate the paragraph style on convert section.

Cheers,

Wagner