2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 12, 2012 11:00 AM by MikeGondek

images lose resolution when placed????

nkwilliams000

Trying to create a newsletter in indesign cs6, but every image or logo I place pixelates, I realise it sometimes does this to reduce the usage while you are still working, but this is still a problem when I go to export the doc as a PDF.

Im not going to be printing it, itll be emailed out so the resolution should be pretty good!!

Any suggestions????

• 1. Re: images lose resolution when placed????
          Peter Spier Most Valuable Participant (Moderator)

The preview quality does not affect the quality of the output, but your export settings will, and you'll probalbly need to make some compromise between really good images and samll file size for email.

As far as getting a better preview in ID, View > Display Performance > High Quality Display (and you can set that as a default in your prefs).

• 2. Re: images lose resolution when placed????
            MikeGondek Adobe Community Professional & MVP

First right click and choose Display Properties >> High Quality Display. This way you can confirm that your images actually have enough resolution to do what you need.

Next File >> Adobe PDF Presets >> Smallest File Size >> Save >> Compression (change dpi to higher than 150 dpi & compression to better than low, if the exisiting settings are not enough quality).