2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 12, 2012 1:46 PM by Swanson6

aet. file into final cut pro

Swanson6

Hello all,

specs:

program: After Effects CS 6 (version 11.0)

program: Final Cut Pro 7.0 or X

machine: Mac OSX (10.6)

I need to get an aet. file into FCP (I'm assuming I'd export a templete) 

In the end I’d like to be able to open this Ae templet in FCP in a way in which all the animation is preserved or locked but the text field is open to edit in, in FCP. Any suggestions or work flow ideas?

Thanks in advance.

• 1. Re: aet. file into final cut pro
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

Render the parts that never change to a clip, use FCP's titling tool to create the text (or Motion). If that's not possible because you need some of the fancies of AE, then you'll have to re-render it from AE every time your text changes.

Mylenium

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: aet. file into final cut pro
            Swanson6 Level 1

mylenium - are you saying I ought to have 2 AE files to import into FCP; 1) the "background" animation that needs no editing that I "render to a clip" and 2) a text layer that is separate and editable.

here's the deal: I have a background - a composition of many animated/effected layers that don't need to be edit or manipulate, the only thing that needs to change is the text, for example form one persons name to another persons name, and I have to do this for many short FCP projects.

So rather than going into Ae every time, I'm wondering if I can bring an Ae template into FCP that will allow me to keep the background composition yet change the text field.