• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What is the maximum file name length in RoboHelp 9 or 10

New Here ,
Sep 12, 2012 Sep 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a maximum length for a file name for a topic?

RH 9 or 10

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

For best results, keep the entire path and file name below 255 characters. But why do you want to know? Are you just curious or do you perhaps have a problem?

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Willam,

Thanks for the answer.  The longest title I have encountered was 122 character long, but my client wanted to know if there was a limit. So I was curious.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Willam,

What exactly do you mean by the path? The topic file is inside a project. Do you mean I have to consider if it is inside a hierarchy of folders in the Project pod? I would have to include the name of the folder(s)?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Older browsers have a maximum URL length of 255 characters. So therefore it is best to keep the total URL length under 255 characters.

Very long topic names in folders with very longs names have been known to cause problems for RH too. Although I have not seen this behaviour myself.

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 13, 2012 Sep 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Even long folder paths of imported FM documents cause problems in the resulting RH topics - some cross-refs work & others don't depending in on the overall path length (much shorter than 255, I discovered).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp