• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CS6 Encore most Library Files Missing

Explorer ,
Sep 12, 2012 Sep 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have Disc Version of CS6 Production Premium. When opening Encore there are only a couple menu templates in Library and no Buttons, Shapes, Text or Backgrounds. Tried downloading library from http://goo.gl.CZuni and this did not correct. Am I supposed to delete files prior to download or what's going on?

Tks in advance....

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, John. I actually accessed the exact link you posted through Lynda.com via a CS6 Encore video. Don't know why it doesn't work now. In any case, I downloaded the library files from Adobe and am not sure where I'm goin wrong. They do not load the entire library...do I need to uninstall or delete old files before downloading the frash files??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 13, 2012 Sep 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on CS5 so can't really give any direct help, but I seem to remember that there was a previous thread that discussed the "confusing" instructions at Adobe's page

My Encore path (CS5 so 32bit) is C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Encore CS5\Library

The Library folder then has 9 sub-folders, such as

C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Encore CS5\Library\Corporate

and

C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Encore CS5\Library\Education

and so on

Allowing for the different 1st part of the path (yours would not have the (x86) for 32bit) is that your final structure?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Spoot, you have probably done part one of the two parts I will describe. You just haven't gone far enough...

There are 2 different library download/install issues.

Encore CS6 installs with no library. The "functional content" install you probably found is step one. It installs an Encore library and styles (and some other content for Premiere), but that library consists of only a few templates, and not the full library with buttons, etc.

The bottom part of JOhn's first link, or his second link have the extra stuff you are missing.

On his first link, the library content with the buttons is in the section lower on that page which says "Additional Solution: Install the Resource Central library content."

This second process involves a "double extraction" of compressed files - the downloaded file is a .zip; when you extract it, you have another compressed file, a .7z. Just follow the instructions at the link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, path is similar. I also have CS5.5 installed on another computer and everything there works fine. i can copy the library files and put into CS^. Thanks for the help!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 22, 2012 Dec 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just a note (mac user) about these missing files and downloading them. In my experience, you don't need both of them, but one has missing files for Encore and a separate disk image for missing files for Premiere; the other, however, the one which unpacks as a .7v container, is going to give you a folder "en-US" which they say to drag and drop into your Encore application folder.

Screen Shot 2012-12-22 at 7.14.56 PM.pngScreen Shot 2012-12-22 at 7.15.08 PM.png

So you end up downloading the first folder AND the second one (choosing it from the selection of languages)--scroll down this page to find it.

But when I tried this, the extra content didn't load (by the way, I'm writing about Encore in the Production CS 6.x physical package, not the cloud). I eventually figured it out: had to delete the previous folders named "library; main; Styles; Template" and then dump the new folder in there. It works now. Why on earth they wouldn't simply offer up the files on a second or third dvd with the original package is beyond me, because this is probably quite frustrating for many users. Screen Shot 2012-12-22 at 7.12.52 PM.png This is how it looks on a Mac, within the Applications folder. There should only be the one set of Library, main, Styles, support and template folders--from that .7v download....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines