3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 12, 2012 7:21 PM by David__B

Using the Touch browser to view resident image library?

crash badley

I have a large library of digital images on a networked hard drive.  Can I use the Photoshop Touch browser to access these images?

• 1. Re: Using the Touch browser to view resident image library?
          David__B Adobe Employee

Hi Crash Badley,

It is currently only possible to access images stored on the tablet itself or through some kind of online storage like Creative Cloud. Feel free to create an idea thread as a feature request for whatever kind of network share you use and it's protocol though.

-Dave

• 2. Re: Using the Touch browser to view resident image library?
            crash badley Level 1

Thanks, Dave, for that clarification.  A follow-up question: assuming an Android platform, if I use another app that can look at networked drives, will the Touch software accept a drag and drop proceedure to move an image into the Touch creative environment?

Regards,

Crash

• 3. Re: Using the Touch browser to view resident image library?
              David__B Adobe Employee

Hey Crash,

Photoshop Touch only recognizes images stored locally on the device and is not "home" network aware. It only sees local images available in native image storage directories for the device or via internet options built into the app (Creative Cloud, Google, and Facebook). If you had another app that recognized and was able to download images from the network and store them in the default image storage locations with the same naming conventions used by the device then maybe. I've copied images from my computer to my tablet via a file manager type app and was able to access them within apps on the device including Photoshop Touch. I used software called MyPhoneExplorer that installed on both the PC and the tablet. I wouldn't recommend going that route though. It would be easiest to put the images you wanted to work with on Creative Cloud or Facebook and then import into Photoshop Touch that way.

Regards,

-Dave