8 Replies Latest reply on Sep 15, 2012 5:14 PM by Paul Chadha Branched to a new discussion.

Editing a PDF that was exported from InDesign.

prisma444

I have inherited a problem. We need to reprint a brochure that was created before I came onto my current job. It needs minor text changes. The graphic design firm that produced it dissolved and the original InDesign file is nowhere to be found. I can tell from looking at the PDF file in Illustrator that there are some transparency effects applied, but I can't tell what they are example. Looking at the printed brochure, it looks like overprint.

When I try to make text changes in the PDF and then place it back into an InDesign document so that I can add bleed in some places where it needs it, the transparency is messed up. I have no idea what to do.

I am an intermediate Illustrator/InDesign user, but I can't figure this one out.

Is there a way to tell in Illustrator which effects were appied before it was exported from InDesign?

I thought it would be straightforward to go in and make text changes but this is not the case.

If anyone is curious and wanted to take a look, I'd be happy to share it. It's an 8-page brochure for medical equipment.

Help!