Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Get please close idvault when attempting to download/install flashplayer

Sep 12, 2012 Sep 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello-I am running Win7 home premium,sp1,32bits and IE9. I attempted to download the latest Flashplayer version from your download website that specifically calls out win7. However, I received a message stating that I had to close  idvault before I could continue. I searched for idvault using my search program and this program could not be found. I attempted to install the flashplayer from a different installation window and received the same error message. I attempted to download again but I saved  flashplayer to my Downloads folder and ran it from there. It installed. When I openeed IE9's Mange add-ons,I donot see Flashplayer? Does this mean that Flashplayer is inoperable?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Sep 17, 2012 Sep 17, 2012

You can also look at the files in C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash:

If you have a file Flash***.ocx in there, then the ActiveX is installed.

If you have a file NPSWF***.dll in there, then the plugin is installed.

(The *** above stand for the edition & version of the player.)

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not know what 'idvault' is, but most likely it is something that uses Flash Player, so you need to close it before you run the installer.  Check with the Task Manager's Processes tab.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 13, 2012 Sep 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the answer.IDvault is a security program that protects logins. I do not have this program on my computer. However, I have Constant Guard which serves the same purpose. The error message was possibily refering to Constantguard. I will know to close Constantguard the next time.Thanks.

I would also like to know if Flashplayer installs on a computer as an add-on or like a typical downloaded file. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 14, 2012 Sep 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flash Player is a browser add-on that installs as an ActiveX Control on Internet Explorer, or as a plugin on other browsers like Firefox.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 15, 2012 Sep 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Pat-Thanks for the information. I now know that I should not be looking in IE9's Manage add-ons for Flashplayer. How do I determine if an ActiveX control(Flash Player) is installed correctly  for IE9? Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 16, 2012 Sep 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open Internet Explorer and go to the following page: http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/find-version-flash-player.html

If Flash Player is installed correctly, you will see the animation and the Flash Player version installed in your computer there.

Thanks,

Sunil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 17, 2012 Sep 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can also look at the files in C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash:

If you have a file Flash***.ocx in there, then the ActiveX is installed.

If you have a file NPSWF***.dll in there, then the plugin is installed.

(The *** above stand for the edition & version of the player.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 17, 2012 Sep 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Pat-My Flash Player Settings Manager shows  both Active X and Plugin versions are 11.4.402.265 and Adobe is set to update automatically. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2012 Oct 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I close Constant Guard?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 26, 2012 Oct 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I haven't used Constant Guard before, I'd recommend checking over on the Comcast site:

Support page: http://xfinity.comcast.net/constantguard/Support/

Forums: http://forums.comcast.com/t5/Security-and-Anti-Virus/bd-p/13

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines