3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 18, 2013 6:39 PM by CarsonC

Calculation based on radio button

J-Howie

Any help here would be appreciated. I know enough Javascript to get me in trouble and that's it.

I have a form with two radio buttons ("progress" and "final") under one group called "billing". Below this I have several calculation fields.

When "progress" is selected, the field "undefined_7" should use the formula (undefined_6) * .10

If "final" is checked, the same field should be set to zero.

Using Arobat X Pro.

Thanks in advance!

• 1. Re: Calculation based on radio button
          George_Johnson MVP & Adobe Community Professional

Assuming the export values (aka Button Value, Radio Button Choice) for the two radio buttons are "progress" and "final", the custom calculation script could look like:

// Custom Calculate script

(function () {

// Get the field values

var v1 = getField("billing").valueAsString;

var v2 = getField("undefined_6").value;

switch (v1) {

case "progress" :

event.value = v2 / 10;

break;

case "final" :

event.value = 0;

break;

default :  // Neither radio button is selected (v1 === "Off") which may not ever happen

event.value = "";

}

})();

• 2. Re: Calculation based on radio button
            J-Howie Level 1

Worked like a charm!!!! Thanks.

• 3. Re: Calculation based on radio button
              CarsonC

I have a similar question. Creating an interactive form in Acrobat X Pro. I have a group of radio buttons called CCsurcharge representing a credit card surcharge to be added to an order. The value MC (button 1) is calculated like this: (Price1+Price2+Price3)*.004 and Visa (button 2) is (Price1+Price2+Price3)*.15  When selected, the value of the radio button needs to populate a text field at the end called SurchargeSelect. Any help with the javascript is much appreciated. Not only the custom caculation script, but also where do I enter the value for each radio button?