2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 13, 2012 11:56 PM by Mylenium

I can't find the videos I want to import to Photoshop CS5

mmiaharris

Hello everyone! I can't seem to import videos to Adobe Photoshop CS5 Extended, all the videos I have on my computer have a wmv format. Every time I launch PSCS5, these are my steps: file>import>video frames to layers, but when I click on the folder that I put my videos in, no videos show up in that folder. I have the last version of QuickTime Installed on my pc. I'm using windows vista and my pc is HP. Thank you in advance.

• 1. Re: I can't find the videos I want to import to Photoshop CS5
          Silkrooster Adobe Community Professional & MVP

To my knowledge, quicktime does not support wmv, but it does support avi, but only a limited set of codecs. If your system is fast enough, use the full frame/no codec option when converting or creating videos. Otherwise convert/create video using mov or mpg. Another option is to use an image sequence, A series of images using a numeric sequencial as part of the file name. Photoshop can import the first image and will auto load the remainder of the images, as long as you have the image sequence check box marked. Photoshop will then assume this is a video and can be used in your timeline like any other video.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: I can't find the videos I want to import to Photoshop CS5
            Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

Silkrooster is correct. WMV is not a QT CoDec/ Format nor is it compatible to the legacy AVI handler. You need to convert it in some otehr program first before being able to use it in PS. Anything from VirtualDub to Adobe Media Encoder...

Mylenium