• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need to delete or change default table of contents

New Here ,
Feb 19, 2008 Feb 19, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The default table of contents created when I imported a FrameMaker book is empty. I reimported the book (using a different option) and created a new TOC. I want to use this one in my project. Some questions:
1. Can I change the default TOC to be the new (non-empty) one? If so, how? (Can you refer me to a topic in the RoboHelp Documentation?)
2. Can I delete the default TOC? If so, how? (Can you refer me to a topic in the RoboHelp Documentation?)
3. If the answers to the above questions is "no," can I just ignore the default (empty) one & use the new (nonempty) one when I generate? If so, how? (Can you refer me to a topic in the RoboHelp Documentation?)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2008 Feb 20, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK. I see that you can select the table of content to use when you generate a help project. But I'm still wondering about 1 & 2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 20, 2008 Feb 20, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You get a default TOC. You can amend it as you wish. Whilst you cannot delete it, you can delete everything in it which is much the same. Press the delete key and watch it vanish. Otherwise create a new one and use that instead.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 26, 2008 Feb 26, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter,

I think eoprigjernt and I may be suffering from the same problem. Whenever a Frame TOC is imported, it ends up in in a a second non-default TOC. How does one configure a project to have one and only one TOC whose contents is populated from the FrameMaker book's original TOC?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

--

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

However, I thought that the blank TOC was created before I learned the "correct" way to import FrameMaker documents: by reference. So I can't say what would have happened if I had imported the book by reference initially. Nonetheless, I have the same result - a blank default TOC that I can't remove (as Peter points out).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
All Frame file in my project are imported by reference...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp