8 Replies Latest reply: Sep 14, 2012 11:15 PM by R_Kelly RSS

why is my automation tools now greyed out?

coolbreezeq Community Member

it was not before, but I needed to wipe my computer, and reload all my software.

• 1. Re: why is my automation tools now greyed out?
          R_Kelly Community Member

Generally the automation tools menu is resevered for legacy plugins, scripts or third party plugins.

In the default install of elements, at least in recent versions, the automation tools menu is grayed out.

Did you have any third party plugins installed like Nik plugins?

What version of photoshop elements and operating system?

• 2. Re: why is my automation tools now greyed out?

Yes, I do have onOne Perfect Photo Suite 6.  Before I bought the Suite, I used a free program they offered.  I also had Perfect Portrait installed.  At that time the automation tools were not grayed out.  But due to a computer glitch, my OS (windows 7) needed to be reinstalled.  I then reloaded all of my software, including the new Suite 6.  That is when the automation tools got grayed out.

Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2012 21:16:01 -0600

To: jimmijoe@hotmail.com

Subject: why is my automation tools now greyed out?

Re: why is my automation tools now greyed out?

created by R_Kelly in Photoshop Elements - View the full discussion

Generally the automation tools menu is resevered for legacy plugins, scripts or third party plugins.In the default install of elements, at least in recent versions, the automation tools menu is grayed out. Did you have any third party plugins installed like onOne plugins?

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page: http://forums.adobe.com/message/4697783#4697783

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at http://forums.adobe.com/message/4697783#4697783. In the Actions box on the right, click the Stop Email Notifications link.

Start a new discussion in Photoshop Elements by email or at Adobe Forums

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to http://forums.adobe.com/message/2936746#2936746.

• 3. Re: why is my automation tools now greyed out?
              R_Kelly Community Member

What version of photoshop elements?

You might have to contact onOne to see if they have a solution or maybe someone else will respond here that actually has that software for elements.

This is what you mean:

(i guess that's the only way to use the plugins in elements)

Untitled-1.jpg

Message was edited by: R_Kelly

• 4. Re: why is my automation tools now greyed out?

using PSE 9, not using Suite before reinstalling Suite, but was using Perfect Effects 3 free and Mask

Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2012 05:29:56 -0600

created by R_Kelly in Photoshop Elements - View the full discussion

If your installing a later version of any onOne software, then they may have done away with whatever function was provided in the automation menu and moved it somewhere else. Were you using the suite or the free version before you reinstalled the os? What version of photoshop elements?

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page: http://forums.adobe.com/message/4698366#4698366

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at http://forums.adobe.com/message/4698366#4698366. In the Actions box on the right, click the Stop Email Notifications link.

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to http://forums.adobe.com/message/2936746#2936746.

• 5. Re: why is my automation tools now greyed out?
                  R_Kelly Community Member

Is there anything listed under the Filter menu for onOne?

• 6. Re: why is my automation tools now greyed out?
                    photodrawken Community Member

coolbreezeq wrote:

I then reloaded all of my software, including the new Suite 6.  That is when the automation tools got grayed out.

How did you "reload" your 3rd party software?  You can't simply copy the files back from an archive -- you have to use the 3rd party's installation procedure.

Ken

• 7. Re: why is my automation tools now greyed out?

I simply took the Original 3rd party CD, placed it into my disc drive and followed procedure, adding the "key" when needed.

Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2012 11:18:14 -0600

created by photodrawken in Photoshop Elements - View the full discussion

coolbreezeq wrote: I then reloaded all of my software, including the new Suite 6.  That is when the automation tools got grayed out.How did you "reload" your 3rd party software?  You can't simply copy the files back from an archive -- you have to use the 3rd party's installation procedure. Ken

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page: http://forums.adobe.com/message/4699182#4699182

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at http://forums.adobe.com/message/4699182#4699182. In the Actions box on the right, click the Stop Email Notifications link.

• 8. Re: why is my automation tools now greyed out?
                        R_Kelly Community Member

Here's something your might try:

Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Photoshop Elements 9\Plug-Ins and verify that there is a folder called onOne.

If the folder is there with the plugins, then in the photoshop elements editor go to Edit>Preferences>Plug-Ins and point the

Additional Plug-ins Folder to that location.

Restart photoshop elements and see if they show up under the automation tools menu.