1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 14, 2012 9:03 AM by John T Smith

Nvidia driver 305.93 & Premiere Pro CS5.5

bowringd

I am running CS5.5.2 on a Z400 Workstation Win7 64bit. with Matrox MX02 LE. I have a Quadro FX4800 graphics card.

I have just updated the Nvidia driver to the latest version - 305.93. Now when I open a project in Premiere the program monitor shows just the bottom third of the picture and is broken up into blocks. If I roll back the driver to the previous one I was using (276.42) everything returns to normal.

Has anypne else experienced this & is there a soution. Everything I read seems to say 'Install the latest driver' !!

• 1. Re: Nvidia driver 305.93 & Premiere Pro CS5.5
          John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

The advice will also say... If something isn't broken... don't try to fix a nonexistent problem!

Unless something is not working with driver 276.42 there is no reason for YOU to update... someone else, with a different mix of hardware, may need to update

My 1st video editing computer, a model year 2002 Alienware Pentium 3 with Premiere 6 and an nVidia card, would only work properly with ONE specific nVidia driver... anything earlier or later and I had problems with video editing... so I simply used that specific driver