1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 14, 2012 7:21 AM by Peter Spier

ID6 Printing part of a facing page. Slug issue?

sallyfry

Hi all,

I'm trying to make the transition from 5.5 to 6 but I'm getting a printing error on something that worked just fine in 5.5 that is cause enough not to make the leap.

When I design the interior of a book, I use a 1.5'' outside slug for writing specs. I'm working in a facing-pages document that is 6.125 x 9.25''.

I  include my slug and bleed when printing single-pages at 100%. In 5.5, the result was what you'd expect: my single-page design with specs beside it. In 6, I'm getting part of the facing page on the inside, which knocks my specs off the page, cutting them off at about 1''. I promise the inside slug is set to 0, values unlocked so I can have an outside and bottom slug only.

When I print without the slug, it only prints the single-pages I want, so this is what makes me believe this is a slug issue.

The screen capture I've attached represents what I see on a 8.5 x 11" printout. (Obviously without the guides.)

Note: This is a new document native to CS6. This problem exists no matter what document I open, a 5.5 or new 6 doc.

I'm working on Lion 10.7.4, using the same printers that worked fine with 5.5. Others in my department are having the same problem and are wary to switch to 6 until we fix this issue.

Also: I do not want to export to a pdf in order to print. I didn't have to do that before, and I don't want to do it now.

Thanks so much for your help!!

Screen Shot 2012-09-14 at 9.37.14 AM.png