0 Replies Latest reply on Sep 14, 2012 10:47 AM by GRyeTwinn

Interactive Buttons Lose Interactivity

GRyeTwinn

I have been struggling with this for hours now. Please can someone assist me.

I have created an Indesign document with 15 pages. I have a Navigation bar on the bottom of the master page with 5 buttons related to 5 different sections of the PDF. When a button is clicked, it needs to take the user to a specific page in the PDF document.

I have created the rollover effect for the buttons, and allocated that on Click to take the person to a specific page.

The document is finished, I have gone to File >export > Adobe PDF (interactive) and save.

Then I get a popup warning saying "The Go To Page button action is not supported in PDF. The button appearance will be preserved, but it's interactivity will be dropped."

From what I understand, this function is supposed to work.. ?? This PDF will be placed on an ipad for viewing. So not sure what steps to take now?

If I try to export as a SWF file, I get a warning saying "The document has buttons that attempt to go to pages that do not exist. These actions will not be exported."

What the heck am I doing wrong?? This is incredibly frustrating!