3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 14, 2012 11:12 PM by josephs51576386

Adobe CS6 audio problem

snigglyiggly

Hey guys, I'm really new to Adobe, I've been using SonyVegas for a long time now. I thought I'd try out a different program. I really like CS6's interface, it feels really natural. However, I can't use it for what I want to do. I record game footage from my Hauppauge HDPVR and commentate games on Youtube. Whether I save the recording as an .MP4 or .MT2S when I open up a new project in Adobe and import the video it will not drag the audio in with it. It works fine in Vegas, and when I watch the video the sound plays along just fine.

This may be a really no-brainer kind of problem, but I've never had an issue importing anything into Vegas, it just simply knows the video is coupled with audio. Adobe seems to only see there is a video.

If computer specs help rule out hardware incompatibilty I'm using two GTX 670's SLI. 3rd gen i7 processor, and 16gb of ddr3 2333 ram.

• 1. Re: Adobe CS6 audio problem
          josephs51576386 Level 3

What is the video/audio codec that the screen capture program is recording as, .mp4's and .mt2s doesn't let me know what's actually inside the file.  You can check this using a free program called

"media info". Which you can download for free here

http://download.cnet.com/MediaInfo/3000-2169_4-10413046.html

• 2. Re: Adobe CS6 audio problem
            snigglyiggly Level 1

Alright this is what the program said

Container and general information

MPEG-TS 2.17 GiB, 22mn 5s           Maximum Overall bit rate: 18.0 Mbps

1 Video stream: AVC

1 Audio steam: AC-3

First video stream

13.0Mbps, 1280*720 (16:9) at 59.940 fps, AVC (Main@L4.0) (CABAC / 4 Ref Frames)

First audio stream

384 Kbps, 48.0KHz, 16 bits, 2 channels, AC-3

• 3. Re: Adobe CS6 audio problem
              josephs51576386 Level 3

Something is going on here because cs6 supports AC3 audio. Can you upload a small test file to yousendit or some other share site, so I can see if it has audio on my system.

I'm thinking something might have gone wrong with your install process. Although please try doing this although this is supposed to only apply to AVCHD media it can't hurt to try.

This solution was originally posted in another thread by a adobe employee, and even though he was talking about AVCHD media it's worth a shot IMO.

1) Quit Premiere. Launch Premiere again. Go to the Help menu and verify that you are activated (towards bottom, should see "Deactivate..." that signifies that you are activated).

2) Go to Preferences > Media > Media Cache Database. Click the "Clean" button. Import your file(s) again and see if you get audio now.

3) If 1 and 2 do not work, then could you please try to uninstall and then install Premiere Pro again.