5 Replies Latest reply on Sep 3, 2014 10:08 PM by joshua122c.c

Downloaded Books Won't Work

kingpablo

Hello all,

I can't get my ebooks from Google Play to work or open or anything.  I'm running on OSX 10.6.5.  I originally had my Digital Editions under a different email than the one I used for google play.  I deauthorized the different email and made a new adobe account with the same email as the one I used for google play.  Now google play and adobe editions are authorized with the same email account.  I have gutted and reinstalled digital editions (to the point, apparently, that cmmd+shift+D no longer will deauthorize digital editions).  I continue to get all the following errors:

Error getting license

License server communication problem: E_LIC_CONNECTION_PROBLEM

Error getting license

Error E_GOOGLE_DEVICE_LIMIT_REACHED

Error getting license

Server communication problem: E_ADEPT_INTERNAL

I have had google reset the device limit, and yet I still get that error.  Google has told me that if the errors persist, I have to contact adobe.  All I wanted was to buy these two books for school.  I have never been more frustrated with a product.  How do I get my books?

• 1. Re: Downloaded Books Won't Work
          Frustrated in AZ Level 4

It never ceases to impress me how a problem can be repeated in a short

time.  Yesterday, we were addressing this same issue in another thread....

You haven't told us what environment you're in, but from the information

you included in your post, it appears to be Mac Lion.  ADE does not work

with Lion or Mountain Lion - reasons unknown.  So, if this is true, then

your efforts would be a non-starter, no matter what you did.....  Adobe may

- or may not - be working on this compatibility issue.  Some of their

employees troll the forum, so maybe we'll hear from them.

====================

• 2. Re: Downloaded Books Won't Work
            kingpablo Level 1

No, I'm not running Lion or Mountain Lion.  I'm running OSX 10.6.5, which is Snow Leopard, the one before Lion or Mountain Lion.

And just as an added note:  if I download drm free books, they work fine in digital editions.  It's these two books that I can't get to work.

• 3. Re: Downloaded Books Won't Work
              Frustrated in AZ Level 4

OK.  Snow Leopard worked with ADE, so, we have a different series of

issues.

There are several folks who have posted to the forum that ebooks they

downloaded recently from Google didn't work.  I'm suspecting an issue with

Google, not with ADE.  I'm guessing here, but logic tells me that it has to

do with the way that digital rights are being applied by the Google end, as

you say that the ebooks used to work fine, and those without digital rights

continue to do so.

You report that reinstalling ADE hasn't changed anything.  Generally,

that's going to be the case, especially if it worked for a long while and

doesn't now.

I'd go back to the Google tech support folks and see if there's something

going on.

===========

• 4. Re: Downloaded Books Won't Work
                Ancione

Hi everybody, I have the same problem on Windows7 and Ubuntu 12.04

• 5. Re: Downloaded Books Won't Work
                  joshua122c.c

same problem with one book in windows 7

it says that i have reached the device limit but i actually have only 2 devices

come on adobe what a pity this service