3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 15, 2012 10:18 AM by the_wine_snob

Can't use some tools in Ps cs6 trial

pfifeColorfall

I downloaded the Photoshop cs6 trial yesterday, and it worked fine. Today, however, I can't choose colors or draw shapes. I keep getting the message "Could not use [insert tool name] because of program error." What can I do to fix this? Am I allowed to uninstall, re-download, and re-install the trial version if I have already done so (today is only day 2 since I downloaded it)?

• 1. Re: Can't use some tools in Ps cs6 trial
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Welcome to the forum.

With the trail, I would NOT uninstall it.

As for the issues with some Tools, can you please tell us first, exactly what you are working with? A screen-cap of your GUI, with the Open Image (or New Image) showing, plus the Layers Panel open, would be very useful. Also, including the Options Panel for one of the problem Tools, might give clues.

Next, let us know exactly what you wish to do, and how you are going about it. The more detail, the better.

It is probably something simple, and something that is easily handled. If not, then you might also gather the details of your computer, as that info might be useful in the next step.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: Can't use some tools in Ps cs6 trial
            pfifeColorfall Level 1

Thanks for the help, but I solved the issue. I don't know what caused the issue, but I did reset the tool preset (for the rectancle tool) and it is now working. I would've liked to have given a screen shot for future reference, though.

• 3. Re: Can't use some tools in Ps cs6 trial
              the_wine_snob Level 9

Great news!

That is one reason that I had asked for the Tool Options.

Glad that you found the fix, and happy editing.

Good luck,

Hunt

PS - might want to mark this thread as "Answered," as it might help others with the same problem in the future.