4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 16, 2012 8:15 AM by Manish-Sharma

Indesign Crashes

HitenPankhania

Hi Peter / Manish

I was wondering if you might be able to help - i work for a media company and we are heavily reliant on indesign and incopy - we also use an application called prestige which is used in conjunction with the 2 previous apps mentioned.

We have this installed within a Citrix SBC (server based computing) environment and i notice that users randomly have application crashes in indesign and incopy.

We are using citrix xenapp 6.5 on windows 2008 r2.  We are aptched to the hilt from a citrix and windows prespective.  Although we need to test the latest indesign and incopy patches

InCopy

http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=5365

InDesign

http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=5367

I'm hoping that someone may have previously mentioned this as a problem with regards to integration with prestige and the adobe products.

If you would like any further information of feel that i need to provide more please let me know.

i would be very gratefull if you could provide any information that might help in keeping these applications stable.

thanks.

Hiten

the erorrs noted within the windows event viewer are listed below.

1. The application, Adobe InCopy CS5.5, had an unhandled exception of type 0xC0000005 in module Bib.dll at address 0x67eb19ff

2. The application, Adobe InDesign CS5.5, had an unhandled exception of type 0xC0000005 in module Prutilitylib.dll at address 0x0afd1e58

3. Adobe InDesign The application, Adobe InDesign CS5.5, had an unhandled exception of type 0xC0000005 in module Ole32.dll at address 0x75c8d7f1.

4. The application, Adobe InDesign CS5.5, had an unhandled exception of type 0xC0000005 in module Public.dll at address 0x5c228577.

• 1. Re: Indesign Crashes
          Peter Spier Most Valuable Participant (Moderator)

I'm afraid I can't offer much. The 7.5.3 patches did address a number of issues however, and I would definitely move forward with those. Beyond that have a talk with the vendor for prestige. You have a lot of possible places for problems, there, and if you can simplify, at least for testing, it will make your life easier.

• 2. Re: Indesign Crashes
            HitenPankhania Level 1

Hi Peter

thanks for your response - unforunately we do not have that much support from the vendor due to the nature of them not being or having expertise of the product running in an SBC environment.

does that patch resolve application crashes in compatibility with 2008 r2 operating system and related dll's?

i havent looked at what the fixes that are related to that patch and will do very soon, so we can review if it might help some of the problems we are going through.

your totally correct we have many elements that need to be tested through and im trying to break it all down and make it simple as possible for this purpose.

Are you aware of the application prestige?

thx

hiten

• 3. Re: Indesign Crashes
              Peter Spier Most Valuable Participant (Moderator)

I'm afraid I don't know anything about prestige, nor do I recall specifically what was fixed in 7.5.3, but there should be an associated release notes doc. 7.5.0 had some major problems, 7.5.1 was a fix for German and I think Swedish localizations, and the first real bug fixes came out in 7.5.2. If you are still trying to run 7.5.0 don't even think about not updating.

• 4. Re: Indesign Crashes
                Manish-Sharma Employee Moderator

Even I am not aware about the prestige, never used it , but I think the issue is not prestige but runnig these apps on the Server based enviornment itself,  Incopy crashes at the BIB.dll module which I think is indicating to be the issue with the Fonts , so I would check the access to the fonts and corrupt fonts first , not sure indeed.

Adobe has done very basic testing on the Virtual envior , this article will help you go forward with the troubleshooting :-  http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/technical-support-boundaries-virtualized-or.html

You Wrote :- ""users randomly have application crashes in indesign and incopy."", were you able to locate any specific trend like

1) any specific file

2) any specific user account

3) any specific font

4) links

5) accesing the file from the server itself

etc.

P.S. :- here is the list of all release note for InDesign :- http://www.adobe.com/support/documentation/en/indesign_incopy/releasenotes.html#indesignCS 55751