I have problems to correctly visualize videos using players created by the ootb video component.
We are using the ootb video component of CQ5.4
We set the following configurations and did do the following steps:
1) Download of older ffmpeg version ffmpeg-git-61b1d85-win32-shared (supports libvo_aacenc codec)
2) Change in High Quality H.264 Profile in tab Audio the codec to libvo_aacenc and in tab Basic the Extension to mp4 and MIME-type to video/mp4
3) After uploading a mp4, mov, wmv or flv file into DAM a workflow creates the 3 renditions called cq5dam.video.firefoxhq.ogg, cq5dam.video.hq.mp4 and cq5dam.video.flv.flv as wanted.
4) The video can get drag&dropped into the video component, then we change in designmode of the video component:
5) Under tab Profiles add all 3 video profiles (Firefox HQ ogg, Flash 7 + low quality, High Quality H.264), but actually Flash 7 + low quality is not needed for HTML5
6) Under tab Flash choose Flash video player "Strobe (H264, Flash 10.1+) or FLV (Flash 7+)", for Strobe player H264 Profile choose the rendition High Quality H.264, for FLV player FLV profile choose the rendition Flash 7 + low quality.
These configurations are saved under the page templates' designs, so we have to publish the page template to see those configs also on published pages.
Until this point everything is working well. The video is visible with progressive download in IE8, and also in many "modern" browsers such as IE9, Chrome, newer Safari...
However, there are often problems with other browsers, since many clients are complaining about low quality (flv rendition?) or even "unavailable" videos and grey empty players, e.g.:
a) FF15, Flash Player 11, Java disabled gives "No video with supported format and MIME type found."
b) Safari 4.0, Flash Player 10, Java enabled gives "The content that you are trying to play requires the latest Flash Player version. Please upgrade and try again."
(Instead Firefox 6.0, Flash Player 9, Java disabled is working well)
--> Did anybody notice same browser incompatibility problems? Did we do something wrong?
--> Does anybody use a custom player which is working better on all browsers? Are there any other developed video components out there?
--> Do you have any suggestions how to improve the quality of the flv rendition by modifying the profile Flash 7 + low quality?
Thanks in advance
In shorter words: Since the ootb video component is not sufficient for our needs (browser compatibility) we need another solution.
Does anybody use a custom player which is working better on all browsers?
Are there any other developed video components out there which we could try to use?
Any suggestion is welcome!
You can try use other configuration for FLV, I mean ffmpeg settings. Bellow you find setting which produce diffent quality flv ( from higher to lower):
Maximum Quality / Maximum File Size / Best Audio
ffmpeg -i input.mov -qscale .1 output.flv
Medium Quality / Medium File Size / Medium Audio
ffmpeg -i input.mov -ab 96k -qscale 2 output.flv
Low Quality / Low File Size / Medium Audio
ffmpeg -i input.mov -ab 96k -qscale 4 output.flv
Maybe this sovle some problems.