2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 17, 2012 4:41 PM by RedTillTheEnd11

Importing PSD files freezes After Effects.

RedTillTheEnd11

Hi, every time I try to import a PSD file it freezes After Effects. It displays the loading bar but it never starts loading. I've left it for hours and still nothing. I've run through the preparing photoshop files for AE and it all seems to check out, at least from what I can tell. I've imported a file before and it worked perfectly but now not even that same file will be imported. When I open the composition with the PSD file that I've loaded before everything works fine. I can animate and work with everything I need to, it's just that I can't import any new psd files. I've updated AE, uninstalled and reinstalled, restarted the computer, tried dragging and dropping the file in instead of going through the file>import option and nothing seems to be working. After I press import the entire page freezes and I can't press stop on the loading bar or click on anything else. The program goes completely unresponsive and the only way to exit is to force quit. Any help anyone could give would be greatly appreciated. If you need any more information just let me know.

Thanks in advance for your help

Info:

After Effects CS6 11.0.1

Mac OS X v10.7.4

1TB Hard drive

16GB 1333 MHz DDR3

2.7 GHz Intel Core i5