• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

R6 - Auto map ID issue

New Here ,
Feb 21, 2008 Feb 21, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am in the process of assign map IDs to topics for context sensitive help. I have been through process once and no worries. However when i come to update the IDs i want to be able to see a list of topics that have no ID's assigned to them. In the generate ID window all topics appear and there seems to be no filter and you have to check manually. Given several hundred topics this is very laborious process. I cannot seem to generate a report to tell me which topics have no IDs either. Am i missing something or is that just the way R6 is set up? Thanks for help, Ellen

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tools | Reports | Properties.

Configure the options to show Map IDs. You can see which topics do and do not have map ids.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ellenwill.

The Auto Mapid function is designed to be used when every topic requires a mapid. If you have some topics you want to assign mapids to it is best to do this manually. You can still use the Auto Mapid function but you will find duplicate mapids for any topics that were previously mapped. You could always just delete these after you have mapped. They are easy to spot as there is a numeric identifier on the end (e.g. the original mapid would be "NEW_TOPIC" and the duplicate "NEW_TOPIC1").

If you decide to go down the manual route, you can use the Topic Properties report to see which topics have a no mapid assigned to them. I'd use the reports options to limit to report just on folder, status and mapid to minimise the report's clutter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2009 Dec 16, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am also using context sensitive help but I cannot find the report mentioned in this post to find which IDs are new and are not mapped (from a previous set-up).

Under TOOLS, REPORTS -  I don't see "properties". I am using RH8.02.208

Also, once I see which properties need to be mapped based on my update and based on those shown in the report with no IDs, how do I do that?

Thanks!

Adriana

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp