Error Code: 6

Community Beginner ,
Sep 18, 2012 Sep 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Running Windows XPX, SP3 with aP4 and4GB RAM and a 1GB graphics card

Install error for new installation of Photoshop (subscription):

Exit Code: 6

Please see specific errors and warnings below for troubleshooting. For example,  ERROR: DW050 ... WARNING: DW024 ...

-------------------------------------- Summary --------------------------------------

- 0 fatal error(s), 5 error(s), 1 warning(s)

WARNING: DW024: The payload: {9124DF4E-617D-486B-A970-8FA632244F24} Adobe Photoshop CS6 Core 13.0.0.0 requires a UI parent with following specification:
        Family: Photoshop
        ProductName: Adobe Photoshop CS6 Core_x64
        This parent relationship is not satisfied, because this payload is not present in this session.

----------- Payload: {92D58719-BBC1-4CC3-A08B-56C9E884CC2C} Microsoft_VC80_CRT_x86 1.0.0.0 -----------

ERROR: Install MSI payload failed with error: 1625 - This installation is forbidden by system policy.  Contact your system administrator.
MSI Error message: 

ERROR: DW050: The following payload errors were found during install:

ERROR: DW050:  - Microsoft_VC90_CRT_x86: Install failed

ERROR: DW050:  - Microsoft_VC80_CRT_x86: Install failed

ERROR: DW050:  - Adobe Mini Bridge CS6: Install failed

ERROR: DW050:  - Adobe SwitchBoard 2.0: Install failed

I found a troubleshooting file about Error Code 6 that began by saying something to the effect that: well there is a problem, but we do not know what it is, but here is how you can find out. That to me did not bode well for any easy solution to the installation problem. So I read the first item about starting Windows in a minimized state (http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/start-windows-diagnostic-mode-windows.html)  and followed it untill it got to the part that said, "On the Services tab, select any services that your product requires". You have got to be kidding me, as if I would know what services Photoshop needs to run; I am not the developer of this software. This is like telling the owner of a new car you can only run it if you know what it takes to make it work, but we are not going to give you hint one. A huge diservice to me the customer.

I am a bit incredulous about the whole process (nay pissed). I do understand that Adobe, like any software manufacturer, is trying to put one product into thousands of computer configurations, which is a daunting task, but the pausity of information about so common a problem suggests a lack of effort on the companies part to narrow down the possible cause of problem and a clearer set of instructions for correction.

Does anyone have a clue as to the specifics of the error code text and how I might get a full install of this product? I more information is needed on my end I will do my best to comply

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 19, 2012 Sep 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Download the MSVC runtimes 2008 and 2009 from Microsoft and install them manually.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I in the Payloads folder there are the following folders with there packages:

Microsoft VC 2005 Redist (x86)

Microsoft VC 2008 Redist (x86)

Microsoft VC 2010 Redist (x86)

Microsoft_VC80_CRT_x86

Microsoft_VC90_CRT_x86

The *,msi packages in the latter two will not install given the message box shown below, which goes to the root of the Error Code 6 text

"The system administrator has set policies to prevent this installation"

Note: When I install Photoshop I was logged in as the Administrator.

There is no 2009 MSVC 2009 Redist (x86) if that is what you are referring to or maybe you were reffering to the Microsoft_VC90_CRT_x86.msi.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

blue-tune wrote:

"The system administrator has set policies to prevent this installation"

Search Google for many different ways to "fix" this error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 21, 2012 Sep 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Success!

The Exit Code 6 installation fail report seemed to be two parts;

part 1 the 'Warning':

WARNING: DW024
To my way of thinking the report was saying, 'The 64 bit core of Photoshop cannot be installed on your system since it is a 32-bit system'. I have a 32-bit system so the report made sense. So I eventually ignored the warning.

part 2 the 'ERROR'

ERROR: DW050:  Four different fails with the assumption there could be a cascading effect in descending order.

This is where it gets hunt and peck to find a solution and the solution I used may be way overboard, but here goes:

• Am not sure if this made a difference or not, but I did change a setting in the Windows ‘Group Policy’ panel (Run >gpedit.msc>’OK’>Local Computer Policy>Computer Configuration>Administrative Templates>Windows Components>Windows Installer>Prohibit non-administrators from applying vendor signed updates>double-click>click /Disabled’ radio button>click ‘Apply’>click ‘OK’. Changed back to ‘Not Configured’>click ‘Apply’>click ‘OK’ after the install was successfully completed.
  • Used Adobe Creative Suite Cleaner Tool to clean all Adobe programs (I had a prior install of Photoshop on the hard drive and also Adobe Air and Adobe Flash Player)
  • Used Revo Uninstaller Pro to remove all 'Adobe' products and registry settings from system via the forced 'Forced Uninstall'.
  • Removed existing copies of Microsoft_VC80_CRT_x86 and Microsoft_VC90_CRT_x86 from the system using Microsoft Fix It program.
  • Installed Photoshop as Administrator (highlighted the setup executable, held and right-clicked and checked the bottom radio button as Administrator and entered password) with no warnings or errors.

Like I said, i may have done more then needed to correct problem. My guess is that the loading procedures of Photoshop did not like the fact that there were prior versions (which may not have been compatible with Photoshops design) of Microsoft_VC80_CRT_x86 and Microsoft_VC90_CRT_x86 on my system and for some reason felt it did not have the privleges to install the new payload.

There it is. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 21, 2013 Mar 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had the same problem. By installing the last two (MS_VC80_CRT_x86 and MS_VC90_CRT_x86) manually before installing Photoshop, or an other program from CS5, the problem was solved. The installation worked fine and didn't gave any error reports.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines