6 Replies Latest reply on Sep 19, 2012 6:38 AM by Peter Spier

CS5.5 :: Web document :: default [Black] CMYK error

thomas olbrich

If I change InDesigns default color swatches with NO doument open – f.i. by adding a cmyk Gray as a tint of [Black] –  than any new InDesign Web document does not contain RGB but CMYK swatches only, default [Black] included.

Unfortunately in such a documents' exported RGB PDF any black text appears "flickering", a PDF-check with Acrobats eye-dropper tool shows such pure black as multicolered, not plain – different to a cmyk pdf from that same document.

Though the JS script line

app.activeDocument.colors.everyItem().properties = {space:ColorSpace.RGB}

does switch the color space of any plain swatch from CMYK to RGB, unfortunately a documents default [Black] can not be altered from one color space to another.

I can repeat this unwanted behave of InDesign on a fresh app installation / after log-in as a new user on my computer: At first any Web document color swatch is defined as RGB, default [Black] included – as soon the default swatches set got altered (with no document open) any further new web document contains RGB swatches only.

I do appreciate any help to fix/avoid the occurence of default [Black] to be CMYK in a web document. – Or the confirmation that this is irrreparable in my document / a bug in CS55.

OSX 10.6.8 / CS5.5, 7.5.3.333

Thank you!,

- thomas