4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 20, 2012 1:07 AM by BrianJ011980

Combobox - update database with ID associated to value selected

BrianJ011980

Hello, first off i'm a newbie to developing Flash Builder with PHP, so any help would be mucho appreciated.

I would like to update my database with an id associated to a seletcted value in a combobox

- I create a combox and asociate it to a data service that retrieves all possible values

- Using selectedItem, I am able to default the value of the combobox to the value associated to the data object

- Upon submission, I would like to update the database not with the value directly but with its associated id.

- The list of values are a list of locations all with a specific id.

Below is my code

//Combobox in a form

<s:Form includeIn="LocationAdd,LocationUpdate" x="52" y="320" defaultButton="{auLocnBtn}">

<s:FormItem label="Supplier ID">

<s:ComboBox id="spidComboBox" selectedItem="{locations.snam}" includeIn="LocationUpdate" x="97" y="539"

creationComplete="comboBox_creationCompleteHandler(event)" labelField="name">

<s:AsyncListView list="{getSplResult.lastResult}"/>

</s:ComboBox>

</s:FormItem>

<s:Button id="auLocnBtn" label="Submit" click="auLocnBtn_clickHandler(event)" label.LocationUpdate="Update" label.LocationAdd="Add"/>

</s:Form>

protected function auLocnBtn_clickHandler(event:MouseEvent):void

{

locations.spid = parseInt(spidComboBox.selectedItem);

updateLocationResult.token = locationService.updateLocation(locations);

}

This code will pass the selected item, in this case locations.snam. However, getSpl returns two fields - name and id. I want the id associated to locations.snam to be used to update the database.

Doing this in php and html is really straight forward as there is a <value> property that allows me to pass the id. Anything similar in flash builder??? I have spent hours on this...please don't laugh, I said I was new to FB!

Cheers,

Brian