3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 20, 2012 5:03 AM by Laubender

Hide toolbars, etc.

J-Fonz

When exporting to PDF, How can I hide all Acrobat toolbars, navigation, forms, etc. in the final document?
      I have a main PDF that link several other PDF documents.

• 1. Re: Hide toolbars, etc.
          Muppet Mark Level 5

It sounds like you want to set a PDF's inital view options… but as far as I know there are no pdf options in indesign to control these states… You must do this in Acrobat after creation… ( Im only CS5 thou )

• 2. Re: Hide toolbars, etc.
            Mead324

I agree. If you want to do it in Acrobat after the fact, open the file in Acrobat and go to File->Properties. Then look under the "Intial View" tab and change the settings accordingly. Save. The file should open as you wish.

• 3. Re: Hide toolbars, etc.
              Laubender Adobe Community Professional & MVP

@J-Fonz – you could do something like this, if you do not go the export route for creating your PDF, but the Print-To-PostScript/Distiller route.

1. Create a EPS file with an text editor, save it text only with the suffix "*.eps"

2. Place the EPS on the first page you want to output, so that it is computed when output

3. Print to a PostScript file

4. Distill the PostScript file to PDF

The code for the EPS is a "PDFmarks" annotation that triggers Distiller to set the right view settings.

Here a small code example for "Full Screen View" for the EPS.
              Do not forget to hit a "return" after "%%EOF".

%!PS-Adobe-3.0 EPSF-3.0
              %%BoundingBox: 0 0 144 144
              %%EndProlog

[ /PageMode /FullScreen /DOCVIEW pdfmark

%%EOF

If this  workflow is something for you, depends on other factors…

Hope, that helps.

For nearly all about "pdfmark" code read the appropriate chapters in:

http://www.pdflib.com/en/developer/technical-documentation/books/postscript-pdf-bibel/

Hm, there must be an English version somewhere to download as well…

Uwe