3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 19, 2012 10:44 AM by RandySwineford

mac flakeyness

leemorrison

does anyone else notice that people using mac computers can't submit forms?

they hit the submit button, nothing happens.  No confirmation, no response submitted.

That will make this product unacceptable to me.

• 1. Re: mac flakeyness
          Shannon Hickey Adobe Employee

A large number of us on the FormsCentral engineering team work exclusively on Mac computers. We've never seen a problem with submitting from Macs. Would you please post a link to a form where you're experiencing this issue. And may we have permission to try submitting to it? Finally, could you please provide your operating system version and browser type and version?

Thanks,

Shannon

• 2. Re: mac flakeyness
            leemorrison Level 1

Hi Shannon - that's what I would assume.  I sent this form

<https://adobeformscentral.com/?f=yonpcnNZI4bFT1xR8hMm7w>  to about 250

email addresses and received 30 responses, so far (the deadline is 10/15). 

2 people replied to me via email that they didn't get a confirmation and

questioned if I received a response.  I didn't.  These people aren't

particularly sophisticated computer users but, the only thing in common is

that they both use macs - I can ask for additional details if you think that

will help.  On the other hand, at least one of the responses I did receive

was from a mac user - so, it's confusing.   As I provided both a link to the

form and attached a copy of the pdf, both of these users opened the attached

pdf and hit the submit key (or at least they said they did!).  This form is

send to a very diverse group but I need it to work for all. 

Here are details from one of the users:

Subject: Re: Storage form

Hi Lee,

Did not get that response. I pushed the button at the bottom of the

PDF and nothing happened. (tried it again - same result), however this was

using the Mac default PDF application called "Preview".  It normally works

for this type of feature, but I will try it again using Adobe PDF Reader...

stand by.

Nope. I tried it using Adobe Reader 10.1.4 for the Mac and the button did

nothing. I then opened it in Windows XP using Adobe Reader 7.0.  Same

result.

What's up?

Any advice appreciated.  Please try using the form to see if I have

configured something incorrectly.  Use Test in the name field so I can

remove the entries later.

Thank you

Lee Morrison

(203) 644-6363

• 3. Re: mac flakeyness
              RandySwineford Adobe Employee

That is the problem. Preview doesn't properly support submitting PDF forms. User must use the free Adobe Reader for the Mac to submit.

If they saved the form using Preview before opening in Reader that probably broke the submit button.

Randy