5 Replies Latest reply on Sep 19, 2012 12:06 PM by conroy

tiff help

alexfinnigan

hello

im having problems with saving my tiff files and converting. once i convert them to jpegs to email or go to the printers, they are changed and are washed out as if the org tiff before editing. when i open on my comp they are ok but when emailed to someone or once printed are destroyed. i dont think is my colour management as org jpegs files are fine. below are some details of the process. the thumbnails on my mac are even off with colour. 

thanks in advance. this is an urgent matter

i open my file (pro photo RGB, 16bit, 3888x2592 10.1MP)

i edit the photo. if saving in jpeg i change to 8bit and save with the embedded colour profile button clicked

ive tried saving differently etc

• 1. Re: tiff help
          conroy Level 5

alexfinnigan wrote:

... the thumbnails on my mac are even off with colour.

thanks in advance. this is an urgent matter

Yes, the file icons for ProPhoto documents will look severely washed out.  The icons for Adobe RGB 1998 documents also look washed out, but less severely so.

That's because Photoshop neglects to convert the values of the pixels put in an icon image from the document colour profile to the icon image colour profile.

Apple recommends icons contain sRGB images, but Photoshop developers insist on not following Apple's icon guidelines.

• 2. Re: tiff help
            alexfinnigan Level 1

ok. but what about when i email. is that just my email provider?

and the main issue is when going to a photo booth they coe out s u are saying the icons are?

thanks

• 3. Re: tiff help
              conroy Level 5

Ask your email recipient to help solve this. Send them a JPEG and have them send it back. If it comes back correct to you then you'll know that it must have arrived correctly at their end. Of course, if it comes back wrong then you'll not know which leg of the journey was problematic and you'll have to investigate further.

• 4. Re: tiff help
                alexfinnigan Level 1

great 2 out of 3.

any comment on the printing?

• 5. Re: tiff help
                  conroy Level 5

No, I don't have enough information to make a judgement. I think you will get better guidance from forum members with more experience of contemporary printing than I have.