2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 7, 2014 10:06 AM by James Hayward

Accurate color print workflow IDCS6 to Epson R2400 w/X-Rite Custom Profiles - Mac OS X 10.8.1?

James Hayward Level 1

Hello Folks,

I am trying to get accurate color out of InDesign CS6 on an Epson R2400 using custom created profiles with X-Rite i1 Profiler in Mac OS X 10.8.1. on Epson Papers. Has anyone had luck with this workflow? I am also looking for the same with the Epson R3000.

I have been scouring the web for more than a week for updated info and some insight but have been having a hard time finding solid step by step settings I can follow and get accurate output. I end up with either too light/washed out prints or too dark and saturated prints. I've already blown a complete set of inks and tons of paper and time toiling with this one.

I'm looking first for how to verify that Colorsync settings are accurate for my needs, updated color settings in InDesign CS 6 and Epson printer driver settings with Epson inks, Epson papers and their downloadable profiles at least. If I can get that to be semi close I can then attempt to use recently created custom profiles for individual papers to really nail my output.

I have used the most recent X-Rite i1 Profiler (1.3.1)/Gretag MacBeth i1 Proof UV-Cut spectrophotometer with new and older iMacs, Mac Pros with Cinema displays, the new Retina Macbook Pro's and CS6, 10.8.1, Xerox 7760 and Xerox 8570 and have accurate color. I have calibrated the monitors/screens, the Xerox printers with different papers and no problems with output.

For some reason the Epson workflow is being a complete tool. I have completely removed the Epson printer folder etc. as per Epson's uninstall information and downloaded and reinstalled to to present. Any help would be extremely appreciated. My wallet and sanity thank you!